+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US EMBASSY OTTAWA EXPERIENCES RENEWAL

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Has anyone recently applied for a US visitor visa renewal at the ottawa embassy, I currently live in Montreal that was the location selected on the DS160. But the instructions was directed to send them in ottawa embassy. By a simple error I did not used the label sent by the embassy, I sent it at my own cost which was I guess is still okay. Package arrived on December 17th, 2023. Today is the 28th of December and when I check on CEAC it say “no data was found” is this normal? No updates at all from CEAC? I’m panicking because I had plans to travel by new years unfortunately I guess that won’t happen.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has anyone recently applied for a US visitor visa renewal at the ottawa embassy, I currently live in Montreal that was the location selected on the DS160. But the instructions was directed to send them in ottawa embassy. By a simple error I did not used the label sent by the embassy, I sent it at my own cost which was I guess is still okay. Package arrived on December 17th, 2023. Today is the 28th of December and when I check on CEAC it say “no data was found” is this normal? No updates at all from CEAC? I’m panicking because I had plans to travel by new years unfortunately I guess that won’t happen.
you applied right before the holidays when processing is pretty minimal because many are on vacation. The fact that you didn’t follow procedure could have also lead to more delays. Around the holiday time you must apply many more weeks in advance knowing people will go on vacation and offices will be closed for many statuatory holidays.