+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Deportation order, looking for Canada visa,

Ramkote

Apr 28, 2012
HI there,

I am indian passport holder. I was in the United States since 2006 to 2011. I was in Student visa F1 but went out of Status after few months, then apply for Asylum. My Asylum case was pending, and I was in removal procedding, But I left the country just few weeks before my hearing. Due to the reason I didnot show up at my hearing, later I found I have been put in deportation order. Will this order will hamper for my Canada visa? I am thinking to apply for Canada Student visa. My passport is clean, it doesn't show I have overstayed US visa and I have also got UK visa and traveled after it. Does Canadian immigration may look for my US status. I also have US police certificate I made just before I left.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You're probably going to have a great deal of difficulty obtaining a study visa for Canada.

On the application there is a question that asks if you have ever been ordered to leave Canada or any other country. You will have to answer yes and then provide details about your US deportation order and asylum case (since it's connected to the deportation order). I it's very unlikely CIC will approve your visa based on this history. However I suppose there's always a chance you will be approved.

Do not lie and omit this information from your application. Keep in mind that Canada and the US share information and records. If you lie on your application and are found out, they will charge you with misrepresentation, ban you from Canada for two years and you'll essentially destroy any future chances that you might be approved for a Canadian visa of any kind.

If I was in your shoes, I would wait a few years and establish yourself again in your home country before applying for a student visa to Canada. As part of the application, you're going to have to show strong ties to your home country and prove you have no plans to remain in Canada long term. I think it's going to be very difficult for you to prove this right now.