+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-Consulate in Canada

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
I am writing to enquire if any of the members here has recently applied for USA Non-immigrant visa in Canada? If yes, I want to know the estimate timeline to pickup the passport in person.

I have an appointment in two weeks in Vancouver, my passport pickup location is Toronto as I live here. I am curious to know the timeline now a days to receive the passport back assuming visa is approved. As everything is slow in Canada due to Covid I am debating if it is good idea to wait in Vancouver and pickup passport in person or have them mail to me in Toronto for pick up at one of the consulate locations.

Any advise from any province is much appreciated.

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
Use the premium service. Just pay a little extra, i think $20 and deliver the passport to your home. That is the best possible solution to avoid headaches. I did it for my L1. The tracking number gets updated in ais website beside ds-160 so there is no way to lose track of it

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Use the premium service. Just pay a little extra, i think $20 and deliver the passport to your home. That is the best possible solution to avoid headaches. I did it for my L1. The tracking number gets updated in ais website beside ds-160 so there is no way to lose track of it
Thanks for your reply I will look into the option. :)
In how many days you got your passport after the visa? Was it recently in 2022?

I m not very happy with the postal services in Toronto.. I have to travel ASAP and I am thinking in person pickup will probably give me my passport without delay.. ( I THINK)

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
I did mine in Ottawa in 2021 but i live in Toronto. It was hassle free and completely without any stress, esp true for you as your citizenship is also ongoing which is extremely stressful to say the least! I received the passport within 1 day of shipping. Since was tracked so i had no issues. They use Purolator and not Canada Post which i feel is better.

Reactions: RoseDB

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
I did mine in Ottawa in 2021 but i live in Toronto. It was hassle free and completely without any stress, esp true for you as your citizenship is also ongoing which is extremely stressful to say the least! I received the passport within 1 day of shipping. Since was tracked so i had no issues. They use Purolator and not Canada Post which i feel is better.
thanks. this was really helpful :)