+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Citizen / PR holder working for US company in Canada


Sep 8, 2018
I have recently received COPR and am planning to move to Toronto sometime over the next few months. I now work for a US-based company in New York that has a number of global offices but no Canadian presence. I realize the personal tax implications may be possible, but am mostly researching what steps this company will need to take for me to work from Toronto. I am a US citizen.

I mostly see the PEO option, which seems to be decent. What sort of fees do these services typically carry?

What alternatives exist, particularly to work for the company directly as an employee?

What legal and tax steps would my company need to take?

Could I be paid in USD?

Can I simply be employed by a US entity?

How should we approach health insurance?

Appreciate any and all input! Weeding through all of the information out there across the years without a straightforward answer.