+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-Canada Daily Border Crossing

mistyday

Jan 11, 2017
Hello everyone,

I currently live in the US (Seattle) on H4 visa and I recently got a job offer in Vancouver, Canada. And my husband has a job in Bellevue, WA.
Both of us hold Indian passports. We are looking at options of living together closer to the border on the US side like Bellingham, WA and commute daily to work.

1) Has anyone ever done this? Please share your experience
2) Is it OK to cross the border everyday? I have heard a lot of people living in border cities do that. But I don't personally know anyone who has done this.

Any little information will help!

Thanks

clayera

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EE Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-22-2017
LANDED..........
05/2018
Hi, welcome to Vancouver. I have crossed the border often, but not in the frequency and duration that you mention you plan to. Maybe you can look into having your spouse get a job here in Canada. In contrast to the work visas in the US, here in Canada, your spouse can process an open work permit as your dependent.

mistyday

Jan 11, 2017
Hi Clayera,

Thanks for your reply!

My spouse will be getting an open work permit but he has a really good job in the US which I don't want him to give up. That's the reason we are thinking of this arrangement but we are not sure if it will work out.

Krishna008

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hi Clayera,

Thanks for your reply!

My spouse will be getting an open work permit but he has a really good job in the US which I don't want him to give up. That's the reason we are thinking of this arrangement but we are not sure if it will work out.
Hi

I am in a similar situation. Can you please let me know what did you do. Wet you able to commute daily. Please respond asap.

Thank you.