+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US border crossing

Simcaur

Mar 8, 2013
Hi all. Actually I am an international student in Canada. I have valid study permit but expired TRV.
Can I enter canada through US border if I went to India and then US and now back to Canada through border?

Simcaur

Mar 8, 2013
Study permit doesn't authorize re entry. It's only TRV that does. Also I heard that if one comes from US u just need study permit. My question is if I do tha same but visited India in between an I still enter canada through US with valid study permit?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Simcaur said:
Study permit doesn't authorize re entry. It's only TRV that does. Also I heard that if one comes from US u just need study permit. My question is if I do tha same but visited India in between an I still enter canada through US with valid study permit?
You think airline/immigration will let you fly out of India with just study permit, I assume they would need to see a proper visa

Simcaur

Mar 8, 2013
user828 said:
You think airline/immigration will let you fly out of India with just study permit, I assume they would need to see a proper visa
I will go directly to US from India. I have US tourist visa. From there I intend to enter canada through border.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Simcaur said:
I will go directly to US from India. I have US tourist visa. From there I intend to enter canada through border.
You may find yourself refused at the border, if the IO notes that you have been outside the US and know don't have a valid TRV.

Simcaur

Mar 8, 2013
PMM said:
Hi

You may find yourself refused at the border, if the IO notes that you have been outside the US and know don't have a valid TRV.
Is there a way they can tell coz the just open ur study permit page and c and let u go. That's what I heard?

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
Simcaur said:
Is there a way they can tell coz the just open ur study permit page and c and let u go. That's what I heard?
He may ask you , he might check your passport stamps, so it is possible. Up to you if you wanna risk it..