+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Birth Certificate Void watermark issue

utom1987

Star Member
May 20, 2014
NOC Code......
Hi Guys i am uploading my daughter birth certificate issued from Texas. I tried scanning it and it produces Void watermark on the scanned image.
Apart from that i also confirmed from the Texas state dept and they say they can issue me the same certified copy which will have the same security paper which will produce Void again. Also Birth certificates cannot be notarized as they are record documents. What do you advise in this regards ??
Has anybody had this situation before

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Guys i am uploading my daughter birth certificate issued from Texas. I tried scanning it and it produces Void watermark on the scanned image.
Apart from that i also confirmed from the Texas state dept and they say they can issue me the same certified copy which will have the same security paper which will produce Void again. Also Birth certificates cannot be notarized as they are record documents. What do you advise in this regards ??
Scan it using camscanner or adobe scan. I did it that way.

utom1987

Star Member
May 20, 2014
NOC Code......
Scan it using camscanner or adobe scan. I did it that way.
and it worked ? Also do u advise me to take picture and then do the cam scanner ? how did you do it and didnt it show the void letter ? wouldnt that be a sign of deceiving as Canadians know about US birth certificate security features

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
It is not an issue. IRCC is aware of the anti-fraud features used us governments. If you scan the document, it will show void, and you can explain it in LoE.

However, if you use any other technique in which the scan dies not show the "void," then that can raise suspicion.

Reactions: pseetha

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
and it worked ? Also do u advise me to take picture and then do the cam scanner ? how did you do it and didnt it show the void letter ? wouldnt that be a sign of deceiving as Canadians know about US birth certificate security features
Camscanner or adobe scan is valid method of scanning and it worked for me. It worked when I applied Indian OCI card for my son as well.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Camscanner or adobe scan is valid method of scanning and it worked for me. It worked when I applied Indian OCI card for my son as well.
But If I were you, I would follow whatever @legalfalcon recommends

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
It is not an issue. IRCC is aware of the anti-fraud features used us governments. If you scan the document, it will show void, and you can explain it in LoE.

However, if you use any other technique in which the scan dies not show the "void," then that can raise suspicion.
Exactly this, I recently did it for my daughter's birth certificate where I scanned it using regular scanner and it showed VOID watermarks, I uploaded it as is and did not face any issue whatsoever.