+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US based residents who moved to ip2 and no progress further. Let us connect here.

Bandit Queen

Oct 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-09-2018
Med's Done....
05-10-2018
There is definitely an increase in August PPR US based most are from end of August. I am hoping we start getting PPR next week or at least by mid December. But it may still be a long wait as a lot of August US ppl are still waiting in IP2 after already waiting in IP1.

william123

Nov 26, 2018
Hello Friends

I have a query, I was not selected in the HIB lottery thrice and in the post ITA statutory questions we have two questions regarding previous visa refusal or permit.

I read few other threads where few people have suggested to mark it as NO.

Is this is the right answer ?

Should I go head with it, thinking to much about it.

Bandit Queen

Oct 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-09-2018
Med's Done....
05-10-2018
Hello Friends

I have a query, I was not selected in the HIB lottery thrice and in the post ITA statutory questions we have two questions regarding previous visa refusal or permit.

I read few other threads where few people have suggested to mark it as NO.

Is this is the right answer ?

Should I go head with it, thinking to much about it.
No is the answer. Technically you were not refused a visa because your petition itself was never filed. Had you had got H1 in lottery but got the visa refused in interview then you would say yes... Don't know why people get confused. It's kinda like express entry had you not got an ITA would u have called it visa refused?? No. Similarly not being selected in H1B lottery is not visa refusal.

Last edited:

william123

Nov 26, 2018
Yes, No is the answer .beva bec technically you were not refused a visa because your petition itself was never filed. Had you had got H1 in lottery but got petition refused or visa refused in interview then you would say yes... Don't know why people get confused. It's kinda like express entry had you not got an ITA would u have called it visa refused?? No. Similarly not being selected in H1B lottery is not visa refusal.
Thanks @Bandit Queen

william123

Nov 26, 2018
Petition refusal and a visa denial are two different things.
Yes, I was confused because somebody was saying in some other thread that Petition is also a kind of permit and in the question it was written visa or permit.
That's why I was not able to make a decision whether should I mention it or not.

Bandit Queen

Oct 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-09-2018
Med's Done....
05-10-2018
Petition denial and a visa denial are two different things. For a visa denial to take place you must have visited an embassy for an interview.
Yes, you are right... Correcting my original reply.

satcan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
My time line as follows:
Aor sep 7th
Mep oct 1st
IP2 nov 2nd
Vo Syndey,NS
Eligibility: met
Criminality: passed
Security: yet to start (as of nov 16th)
Update: Got a ghost update on last monday( Dec 10th). Called yesterday to find out yesterday about what it was.
Agent updated me its nothing they dont see anything approved as of yet, then asked on the my status.

Aor sep 7th
Mep oct 1st
IP2 nov 2nd
ghost dec 10th
Vo Syndey,NS
Security: passed

I think the ghost was for my security being passed, could be wrong though!

Reactions: tobs

Khush3009

Sep 11, 2018
Update: Got a ghost update on last monday( Dec 10th). Called yesterday to find out yesterday about what it was.
Agent updated me its nothing they dont see anything approved as of yet, then asked on the my status.

Aor sep 7th
Mep oct 1st
IP2 nov 2nd
ghost dec 10th
Vo Syndey,NS
Security: passed

I think the ghost was for my security being passed, could be wrong though!
Hey
Did you get your PPR?
Can you share your timeline

BKBK

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
I’m US based FSW-O
AOR July, 2018
Eligibility met (Aug, 2018)
Criminality passed
Medical passed
Security checks not started

No movement on case since last Aug, case is in Sydney.

a7v

Star Member
May 15, 2019
I’m US based FSW-O
AOR July, 2018
Eligibility met (Aug, 2018)
Criminality passed
Medical passed
Security checks not started

No movement on case since last Aug, case is in Sydney.
Just curious - what do you do to nudge them?

We are in a similar boat - no visible movement since October 2018, but we issue CSEs at least once a month and recently I ordered GCMS notes.
At least we got "Application is awaiting the review of an agent."

BKBK

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
Just curious - what do you do to nudge them?

We are in a similar boat - no visible movement since October 2018, but we issue CSEs at least once a month and recently I ordered GCMS notes.
At least we got "Application is awaiting the review of an agent."
I ordered two notes, none arrived yet. Also calls every month. I think you are right, I should raise CSE