+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US applicant - Passport request

amarantine

Mar 9, 2017
Questions for any US applicants. I sponsored my husband for permanent residency. Our application was received in April 2017. We finally received the request for passport. The letter for passport request also states that citizens from visa-exempt countries (USA?) do not have to actually mail their passport but can send photocopies of every page in their passport. Just wondering if anyone has done this and can give us some info.
Thank you!

Theateam

Nov 8, 2017
Questions for any US applicants. I sponsored my husband for permanent residency. Our application was received in April 2017. We finally received the request for passport. The letter for passport request also states that citizens from visa-exempt countries (USA?) do not have to actually mail their passport but can send photocopies of every page in their passport. Just wondering if anyone has done this and can give us some info.
Thank you!
We just completed this process. That is correct. And it is not every page of the USA passport. It’s the one with the picture page details, and if applicable, pages that amendments have been made to the picture page. In our case, it was just a photocopy of one page of my husband’s passport, the one with his picture and info. Good luck!

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
We just completed this process. That is correct. And it is not every page of the USA passport. It’s the one with the picture page details, and if applicable, pages that amendments have been made to the picture page. In our case, it was just a photocopy of one page of my husband’s passport, the one with his picture and info. Good luck!
Yes. This was the same with my husband, too.

amarantine

Mar 9, 2017
Thank you so much for the information.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
Thank you for confirming it. Did you go through the VAC office? How long did it take?
His file was processed in Ottawa. I think we were lucky that we managed to avoid Mississauga because they seem to be taking a really long time for some folks. We were done in just under six months.

Feb 15, 2018
Has anyone confirmed if you need to send in the blank endorsement pages at the end (I think there are three) to prove there is nothing there? Do you need to send in any travel stamps? Thank you!!

amarantine

Mar 9, 2017
Has anyone confirmed if you need to send in the blank endorsement pages at the end (I think there are three) to prove there is nothing there? Do you need to send in any travel stamps? Thank you!!
No, it is not necessary. We just sent a copy of the picture page to the VAC office in NY and there was no problem. We didn't include any travel stamps.

Feb 15, 2018
Just an update. I received confirmation from my processing office (in Ottawa) that you need to send even blank pages to prove no changes. Some may be different but just wanted to share.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
Just an update. I received confirmation from my processing office (in Ottawa) that you need to send even blank pages to prove no changes. Some may be different but just wanted to share.
I wonder if this is a new thing. My husband went through Ottawa and we only had to provide the info page at the front of the passport.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I wonder if this is a new thing. My husband went through Ottawa and we only had to provide the info page at the front of the passport.
Yes same here for me and my wife. Maybe they changed things.

On a side note, IRCC needs to get current and realize that checking for passports stamps is not the way to go anymore. Many times, your passport is not stamped at all. I just came back from a trip to South Korea and while they used to stamp in the past, they no longer do. They now just give you a slip of paper with your entry information. No stamp. More and more countries will go away from stamping.

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
We received our passport request yesterday, and ECAS finally caught up this morning with DM....GCkey has not. I will be going today to get 2 photos done, and Annex A, and Passport copies....you said we need to send all pages not just photo page? Do you know how long it will take Ottawa to send back my PR?

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
We received our passport request yesterday, and ECAS finally caught up this morning with DM....GCkey has not. I will be going today to get 2 photos done, and Annex A, and Passport copies....you said we need to send all pages not just photo page? Do you know how long it will take Ottawa to send back my PR?
We only sent the photo page and they were fine with that. GCKey won't update until they send the CoPR. It took one week for us from time of mailing to receiving the CoPR.

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Oh, that's good news! I am hoping to have my landing done asap, so I can FINALLY GET A JOB!!!!! I wish EVERYONE the best of luck, and I know that those in our time frame will be hearing good news soon too!!! This has been the hardest thing I have ever gone through! It's nice to know I can finally start planning and contributing to my life again! Thank you to everyone on here that has been so helpful! Cheers!

I'll be sending the photo page of my passport (not actual passport, as it's USA passport), Annex A, signed and filled out, and the envelope....says Ottawa to send it to, and since we live here I'm hoping won't take long!