Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi When I did CRS calculation it showed 462 points.

CRS calculator
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Age = 110
Level of education = 128
Official Languages = 108
First Official Language = 108
Second Official Language = 0
Canadian work experience = 40
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 386
Skill transferability factors

Education
A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25
B) Canadian work experience and education = 25
Subtotal = 50
Foreign work experience
A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 13
B) Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 13
Subtotal = 26

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 76

Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 462

Grand total = 462
My express entry profile shows less points :

CRS - Human Capital - Age 110
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education 120
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 108
CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience 40
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education 26
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience 26

Overall Score 430

Missing points :

Education : CRS showed 128, EE profile showing 120 = -8 points

CRS Tool showed below points, EE doesn't show them.

Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 13
Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 13

I am getting 34 points less than CRS tool. Please help I have very less time.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You must have entered your education incorrectly, either in the tool or in EE.

You get 120 points for selecting "Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

You get 128 points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years".

This has implications on the skill transferability and explains the remainder of the delta.

Check your ECA and select the correct level of education.

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dexmoody said:
You must have entered your education incorrectly, either in the tool or in EE.

You get 120 points for selecting "Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

You get 128 points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years".

This has implications on the skill transferability and explains the remainder of the delta.

Check your ECA and select the correct level of education.

Hi I just changed my canadian diiploma entry, in the place of two year degree at university or college, I made it Two or more certificates, diplomas, I am waiting to see if there is any change "

Also, Should I choose level of educaton for both canadian and indian education as Two or more certificates, diplomas, or just for canadian education entry.

Thank you so much for the reply. You are awesome.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The-SpaceGuy said:
Hi I just changed my canadian diiploma entry, in the place of two year degree at university or college, I made it Two or more certificates, diplomas, I am waiting to see if there is any change "

Also, Should I choose level of educaton for both canadian and indian education as Two or more certificates, diplomas, or just for canadian education entry.

Thank you so much for the reply. You are awesome.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to correctly select this because it didn't apply to me. There were lots of threads dealing with this issue however; recommend you run a quick forum search with "two or more certificates" and a lot will pop up. I'm sure you will find your answer there.

Probably best way given how urgent it is for you. Otherwise, wait until someone else chimes in.

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dexmoody said:
Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to correctly select this because it didn't apply to me. There were lots of threads dealing with this issue however; recommend you run a quick forum search with "two or more certificates" and a lot will pop up. I'm sure you will find your answer there.

Probably best way given how urgent it is for you. Otherwise, wait until someone else chimes in.

Thank you mate.

Can any one please look in to this issue. My search did not return any results?

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
The-SpaceGuy said:
Thank you mate.

Can any one please look in to this issue. My search did not return any results?
I think, I'll be able to help you on this. If you wouldn't mind, can you list all the diplomas and degrees you have acquired along with the country where you took those courses.

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kumarp said:
I think, I'll be able to help you on this. If you wouldn't mind, can you list all the diplomas and degrees you have acquired along with the country where you took those courses.

Thank you for responding:

I have a 4 years bachelors in India from JNTU Hyderabad.

I also have a 2 year computer programmer diploma from Sheridan college, canada.

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
The-SpaceGuy said:
Thank you for responding:

I have a 4 years bachelors in India from JNTU Hyderabad.

I also have a 2 year computer programmer diploma from Sheridan college, canada.
Okay, I am guessing the difference in the score is due to the fact that you are getting the ECA done only for your 4 years bachelor degree from India and not for Canadian diploma (of course, you don't need one). So if you look at this link here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
You will get 128 points for education, only if your ECA assessment result was "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degree", but in your case the ECA assessment result probably was "Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" and that is why you are getting only 120.

So you should be choosing:
4 year Bachelors in India - "Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"
2 year diploma in Canada - "Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

As far as I know, the points should change after doing this, but am not 100% sure. Make the change in the EE profile and wait for at least 24 hours to see if it changes the score, else, I'd ask Asivad or any other senior members here in the forum.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
Kumarp said:
So you should be choosing:
4 year Bachelors in India - "Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"
2 year diploma in Canada - "Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"
Correction. Making the selection as stated above will only give you points for highest selected credential i.e Bachelor's. To claim points for two or more degrees or diplomas you should choose "two or more degrees or diplomas" for both the credentials.

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joelmath said:
Correction. Making the selection as stated above will only give you points for highest selected credential i.e Bachelor's. To claim points for two or more degrees or diplomas you should choose "two or more degrees or diplomas" for both the credentials.

Thank you

Mgk072

Jan 25, 2018
Your results
All Express Entry candidates get a score out of 1,200, based on the four parts of the Comprehensive Ranking System formula.

We invite the highest-ranking candidates from the pool to apply as a permanent resident through regular “rounds of invitations.” See what minimum scores have been in the past.

Core/Human capital factors
  • Age = 110
  • Level of education = 120
  • Study in Canada = 30
  • Official Languages = 97
    • First Official Language = 97
    • Second Official Language = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 53
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 380

Spouse factors
  • Level of education = 0
  • First Official Languages = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 0

Skill transferability factors
Education
  • A) Official Language proficiency and education = 13
  • B) Canadian work experience and education = 25
Subtotal = 38

Foreign work experience
  • A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 13
  • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 25
Subtotal = 38

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 76

Comprehensive Ranking System formula
Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 456

Provincial nomination = 0

Job offer = 0

Study in Canada = 30

Sibling in Canada = 0

French-language skills = 0

Subtotal Additional points = 30

Grand total = 486

Mgk072

Jan 25, 2018
I am getting the above through the calculator. But when I do it in the profile I get 448. I don't really know what is wrong. Can someone help?

This is what I get in the profile

Express Entry Profile Details
Criteria Details Help
Federal Skilled Worker Met Help - Federal Skilled Worker
Provincial Nominee Program Not Met Help - Provincial Nominee Program
Canadian Experience Class Met Help - Canadian Experience Class
Federal Skilled Trades Not Met Help - Federal Skilled Trades
Overall Score 448 Help - Overall Score
CRS - Human Capital - Age 110 Help - CRS - Human Capital - Age
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education 120 Help - CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 97 Help - CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency
CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency 0 Help - CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency
CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience 53 Help - CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience
CRS - Spouse - Level of Education 0 Help - CRS - Spouse - Level of Education
CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency 0 Help - CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency
CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience 0 Help - CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education 38 Help - CRS - Skill Transferability - Education
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience 0 Help - CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience
CRS - Additional - French Proficiency or Bilingualism 0 Help - CRS - Additional - French Proficiency or Bilingualism
CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling 0 Help - CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling
CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification 0 Help - CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification
CRS - Canadian education 30 Help - CRS - Canadian education
CRS - Arranged Employment 0 Help - CRS - Arranged Employment
Provincial/Territorial Nomination 0