+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgently seeking for advice...2020 will maternity leave and EI impact for oinp paper-based application?

lamariposa

Apr 22, 2019
hi ALL, I sent the Paper based PR package on Apr 21 . Due to the virus, i been temporarily laid off for shortage of work and 90% of my whole company's employees have the same situation and got their ROE. (not essential business). and I was the last one to leave and last working day was Mar.20, in this case, do we have to notify Ontario province for this update? but we ll be back to the office once the government allows the inessential business to reopen. and I work for this company since last June, so less than a year.
2nd, due to im in my 2nd trimester pregnancy now and was planning to apply for maternity+parental leave in coming JUL/AUG (before we know the covid19 laidoff and which kinda ruined my plan) will this leave affect my PR application as it official says about 50 weeks? I suppose will back to office on June, and take leave on Aug as latest as my due in Oct 2020. what should I do if the maternity/parental leave would affects my PR application? since I need this leave but i can do it shorter to make it safe. just no idea how long am I able to take..

Appreciated for any of your advices! stay safe&healthy!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi ALL, I sent the Paper based PR package on Apr 21 . Due to the virus, i been temporarily laid off for shortage of work and 90% of my whole company's employees have the same situation and got their ROE. (not essential business). and I was the last one to leave and last working day was Mar.20, in this case, do we have to notify Ontario province for this update? but we ll be back to the office once the government allows the inessential business to reopen. and I work for this company since last June, so less than a year.
2nd, due to im in my 2nd trimester pregnancy now and was planning to apply for maternity+parental leave in coming JUL/AUG (before we know the covid19 laidoff and which kinda ruined my plan) will this leave affect my PR application as it official says about 50 weeks? I suppose will back to office on June, and take leave on Aug as latest as my due in Oct 2020. what should I do if the maternity/parental leave would affects my PR application? since I need this leave but i can do it shorter to make it safe. just no idea how long am I able to take..

Appreciated for any of your advices! stay safe&healthy!
You’ll need to ensure that yo7 have enough hours to qualify for EI maternity leave payments. There is no reason you can’t work until the end of your pregnancy or almost end of your pregnancy.