+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENTLY PLEASE HELP. Mistake Made on my Form

Sticks123

Jun 30, 2019
Please, my wife applied for a study permit together with mine as ( for open work permit) an accompanying spouse. We live in Copenhagen, Denmark. I applied for USA visit visa to attend a conference and was denied and subsequently applied in the same year and my visa was Approved, so I currently have 5 years visa on my old passport which I have already submitted copies of both the old and new passport to Canada immigratio However, there was a question "whether you have been refused a visa to Canada or any other country and I checked "NO" instead of "YES". My wife just discovered it.

Please, I need your help. Will it affect our application? What should we do now as we are worried and confused

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You will be rejected if/when they find out you could also be banned from Canada for 5 years. The only thing that can be done is to send them a webform with an explanation and hope it is considered.

Sticks123

Jun 30, 2019
Please will the webform be considered if I do the corrections and send it with an explanation?

Anybody with a personal experience please

sanyinmon

Star Member
Oct 30, 2016
Please, my wife applied for a study permit together with mine as ( for open work permit) an accompanying spouse. We live in Copenhagen, Denmark. I applied for USA visit visa to attend a conference and was denied and subsequently applied in the same year and my visa was Approved, so I currently have 5 years visa on my old passport which I have already submitted copies of both the old and new passport to Canada immigratio However, there was a question "whether you have been refused a visa to Canada or any other country and I checked "NO" instead of "YES". My wife just discovered it.

Please, I need your help. Will it affect our application? What should we do now as we are worried and confused
Don't worry. Finally you have approved your visa for 5yrs. The previous one rejection should be ignored because you application was incomplete and as long as you have a 5 yr valid visa, it is considered ok.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Successfully getting a US visa doesnt doesnt erase past rejections, send the webform there is nothing else that you can do.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Since you later got the visa, I don't it's necessary to put the refusal .
Don't worry. Finally you have approved your visa for 5yrs. The previous one rejection should be ignored because you application was incomplete and as long as you have a 5 yr valid visa, it is considered ok.
Completely wrong. As said above, a subsequent approval does NOT erase the previous refusal. IRCC will refuse the app and likely ban OP for 5 years if OP doesn't correct this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Please will the webform be considered if I do the corrections and send it with an explanation?

Anybody with a personal experience please
If you notify IRCC before they find out themselves, you should be fine. You need to do this ASAP.

Sticks123

Jun 30, 2019
I have sent IRCC a webform explaining the error and have attached a corrected form as well but I haven't received any response yet.
Please, is this normal? How can I know if they have received it?
Thanks in anticipation for your advise.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have sent IRCC a webform explaining the error and have attached a corrected form as well but I haven't received any response yet.
Please, is this normal? How can I know if they have received it?
Thanks in anticipation for your advise.
It's normal to not recieve a response for awhile.

Sticks123

Jun 30, 2019
My application for open work permit visa as an accompany spouse together with my wife study permit was refused, just today. And the reason given was as follows:
I did not truthfully answer the question which says: have you been refused visa to Canada or any other country. I was refused USA visa but subsequently got Approved but I answered NO instead of of YES. I sent them webform to explain but it seems it was ignored.

The letter does not state any where that I have been banned from entering Canada but rather says I can re-apply.

Please,I want to know whether in such cases the letter must clearly state that you have been banned or not