+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgently need help about closed work permit

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Hello,

Need suggestions and advice!

I am currently working as LMIA Exemption In Canada and the work permit is expiring June 16. My employer offered me for extension for another year which I applied for work permit extension. I got a letter to work until August 8, until decision is made.
However, I got an another offer to work in different organization with different employer which I accepted it and awaiting the appointment letter (which I am not sure when I get the letter). I informed this to current employer and he denied me to work for him after June 16. Now, after June what will be my status if I didn’t get offer letter before the expiry. Do I have to inform IRCC that I’m not going to continue working with same employer and withdraw the extension? If I withdraw do I have leave Canada?

please help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

Need suggestions and advice!

I am currently working as LMIA Exemption In Canada and the work permit is expiring June 16. My employer offered me for extension for another year which I applied for work permit extension. I got a letter to work until August 8, until decision is made.
However, I got an another offer to work in different organization with different employer which I accepted it and awaiting the appointment letter (which I am not sure when I get the letter). I informed this to current employer and he denied me to work for him after June 16. Now, after June what will be my status if I didn’t get offer letter before the expiry. Do I have to inform IRCC that I’m not going to continue working with same employer and withdraw the extension? If I withdraw do I have leave Canada?

please help
Do you have a LMIA for the second job offer? you May be eligible to work if meet conditions .

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/work-permit/visitor-work-permits.html

Last edited:

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Thanks for the response. I have not received the job letter with LMIA with new employer yet (They are still doing paper works for that) But for the current employer which I have applied for extension had an LMIA number. But he refused to continue extension after June 16.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the response. I have not received the job letter with LMIA with new employer yet (They are still doing paper works for that) But for the current employer which I have applied for extension had an LMIA number. But he refused to continue extension after June 16.
So you can’t work on your current LMIA for the new employer. Your new employer needs an approved LMIA.

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Should I stay as visitor visa until I get any response from new employer with LMIA? I have visa stamped until 2029.