+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent_pr card expiry!

followurheart

Mar 24, 2014
Hello
my friends pr card is going to expire in 2017
He has been out of the country for most of the time he had the pr card due to extenuating circumstances the are basically humanitarian reasons
He was not able to leave his current country and live in canada due to an issue with his child that involved staying where he was even though he had a pr card.
I wonder if he can apply somehow to renew his pr card and come to canada again after the problem finishes.
What forms does he need to fill out and/or who should he contact?
He is currently living in Germany.
thanks
lisa

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
followurheart said:
Hello
He has been out of the country for most of the time he had the pr card due to extenuating circumstances the are basically humanitarian reasons
He was not able to leave his current country and live in canada due to an issue with his child that involved staying where he was even though he had a pr card.
I wonder if he can apply somehow to renew his pr card and come to canada again after the problem finishes.
thanks
lisa
He will need to apply for a Travel Document when he wants to return to Canada and take his chances if his PR card expires before he returns. There is no method of preemptive renewal or extension.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
He can apply for a travel document but even then when travelling back to Canada there will be the possibly if having not met the residency obligation CBSA will report him and PR could then be in doubt. Even applying for travel document without having met residency obligation is not guaranteed having to explain away absence from the country. Humanitarian reasons have to be very convincing basically life or death type severity and probably harder to justify when years are involved but thats just my personal view.

zenghi

Oct 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-05-01-2015
Med's Done....
-10-01-2015
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
followurheart said:
Hello
thanks
lisa
Don't worry.. Immigration lawyers can help him in getting his visa extended.. I hope the humanitarian issues are convincing. Speak with the lawyers.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Germany is a great country to live in, I would live there if I had the chance.........just saying.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
zenghi said:
Don't worry.. Immigration lawyers can help him in getting his visa extended.. I hope the humanitarian issues are convincing. Speak with the lawyers.
It's not a visa and you can't extend it.