+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT_Lost PR card outside canada

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
I am extremely distressed as i have lost my card and I have less than a month to travel back.
I was on vacation and lost my PR card. What should be my next step and how can I expedite. Any helpful input is greatly appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am extremely distressed as i have lost my card and I have less than a month to travel back.
I was on vacation and lost my PR card. What should be my next step and how can I expedite. Any helpful input is greatly appreciated.
Report the PR card missing online. Get a police report if it was stolen. Then apply for PRTD. Would include proof of why you need to be back in under a month (may not lead to faster processing) but processing time is usually based on location.

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
"Proof of residency requirements if you were outside of Canada for 1095 days or more in the past five (5) years. Please refer to Appendix A of the instruction guide for a list of the documents required. " What does it mean?
I have not lived for more than 1095 days outside canada, I have been PR for over 3 years now. What shall i do? Do I need to check mark and attach something. Please help me.

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
Report the PR card missing online. Get a police report if it was stolen. Then apply for PRTD. Would include proof of why you need to be back in under a month (may not lead to faster processing) but processing time is usually based on location.
"Proof of residency requirements if you were outside of Canada for 1095 days or more in the past five (5) years. Please refer to Appendix A of the instruction guide for a list of the documents required. " What does it mean?
I have not lived for more than 1095 days outside canada, I have been PR for over 3 years now. What shall i do? Do I need to check mark and attach something or just uncheck and leave it. Please help me.

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
I have not lived for more than 1095 days outside Canada, I have been PR for over 3 years now. What shall i do? Do I need to check mark and attach something or just uncheck and leave it. Please help me. I am applying online.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have not lived for more than 1095 days outside Canada, I have been PR for over 3 years now. What shall i do? Do I need to check mark and attach something or just uncheck and leave it. Please help me. I am applying online.
That section would (obviously) NOT apply to you.

Reactions: go.quebec

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
Under Appendix A for PRs under 5 years need to provide 2 pieces of docs such as bank statements.
Does it means that I have to provide bank statements of all 24 months or just first and 24th month is enough. Not clear on this please help.
Bcoz attaching 24 months will make the file size much bigger I guess.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5529-applying-permanent-resident-travel-document.html#appendixa

Also I do not have 2nd piece of document to show my residency obligation. What should I do?
Finally, I have my citizenship application in process for 3 months now, do I need to inform this info in my PRTD application under letter of explanation?
Please your support in greatly appreciated. Thank you!