STUDY
I'm newcomer in canada
This year first time i filled the tax.
And yesterday i got a notice from CRA they asking for net world income
Is there any to need to worry about ??
I'm an international student
Why they are askimh net world income
Here below notice i got :-
We cannot calculate the amount you may be entitled to receive for all periods because we do not have all the
necessary information. If you provide the information we ask for in the Explanation section, we will process it
and let you know if you are entitled.

Explanation
We cannot calculate the amount of the GST/HSTC you may be entitled to receive for July 2022 to April 2023
without the following information:
- your world income, converted to Canadian dollars, for the period in 2021 before you came to Canada
- confirmation by you and your spouse or common-law partner of your marital status and the date of the
change, as well as your spouse's or common-law partner's name and social insurance number
We need to know your spouse's or common-law partner's 2021 net income to calculate your credit. If this
individual immigrated during 2021 or after, we need the date of entry and how much world income, converted
to Canadian dollars, he or she earned before coming to Canada (if not already provided

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm newcomer in canada
We cannot calculate the amount you may be entitled to receive for all periods because we do not have all the
necessary information. If you provide the information we ask for in the Explanation section, we will process it

Explanation
We cannot calculate the amount of the GST/HSTC you may be entitled to receive for July 2022 to April 2023
- your world income, converted to Canadian dollars, for the period in 2021 before you came to Canada
- confirmation by you and your spouse or common-law partner of your marital status and the date of the
change, as well as your spouse's or common-law partner's name and social insurance number
We need to know your spouse's or common-law partner's 2021 net income to calculate your credit. If this
individual immigrated during 2021 or after, we need the date of entry and how much world income, converted
to Canadian dollars, he or she earned before coming to Canada (if not already provided
They probably need that information in order calculate how much benefit you can enjoy.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I'm newcomer in canada

Explanation
As a tax resident you need to report your world income. Why is that a surprise? I am sure you've filed tax at another country if you have income somewhere else. Provide that new income to CRA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm newcomer in canada

Explanation
You needed to declare your worldwide income in your tax return, not just your Canadian income, as well as the information about your spouse / common law partner. Your tax return is incomplete and you need to provide this additional information in order for your return to be completed. As long as you provide this additional information, there is nothing to worry about. Respond to the letter with the missing information as soon as you can.

Neetu Dhillon

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
Category........
STUDY
My spouse is in india
He is not in canada
And my income before coming to canada in backhome country was NIL

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
My spouse is in india
He is not in canada
And my income before coming to canada in backhome country was NIL
Just declare them. They are not going to tax you for your spouse's income but you may get less GST return since your family income is higher. (or something along that line)

zevhowls

Feb 21, 2021
So what did you do? I received the same. Last year me and my wife both submitted our returns separately (she came in Nov). What do I need to do and how?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
So what did you do? I received the same. Last year me and my wife both submitted our returns separately (she came in Nov). What do I need to do and how?
Normal. At the tome we called them and told them what the income was and thats it