+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent

Jayefrancine

Mar 26, 2018
i am a international student, I applied for an extension for my study permit and was approved. I was told I have to apply now for a work permit extension in order to apply for my visa which is expired. Is there any faster way to get the work permit without going through the long process. I was told I can go to the board is this true? Please this is urgent I have to travel for Christmas. Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
i am a international student, I applied for an extension for my study permit and was approved. I was told I have to apply now for a work permit extension in order to apply for my visa which is expired. Is there any faster way to get the work permit without going through the long process. I was told I can go to the board is this true? Please this is urgent I have to travel for Christmas. Thanks
You can apply for a new TRV based on your new study permit. You don't need to apply for a work permit.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You are not being clear. Are you still a student? Why do you need a work permit?

If you have a study permit already and you want a new TRV/sticker in passport you need to apply for it online there is no other way to get a TRV.

Jayefrancine

Mar 26, 2018
Thank you I understand now, I was just missed guided by the international center at my school that I needed to apply for my work permit first. So I’ll apply for my TRV right away since I already received my study permit extension.