+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent

AaravDevgan

Apr 30, 2019
i applied for study visa for 2 years course but got only 7 month visa . What should i do? Whats the issue?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
i applied for study visa for 2 years course but got only 7 month visa . What should i do? Whats the issue?
When does your passport expire?

Jss592

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
I
It can be because your passport is getting expired, if not, you can land in Canada and apply for extension after 6 months.
You can also contact IRCC to extend the visa if your passport in not getting expired.

AaravDevgan

Apr 30, 2019
I

It can be because your passport is getting expired, if not, you can land in Canada and apply for extension after 6 months.
You can also contact IRCC to extend the visa if your passport in not getting expired.
Well, is there any similar casses Or only it happend with me ? I am little bit scared right now . I don’t want any mess once i moved to that country
And is it sure they will extend my visa? What if they don’t?

Jss592

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Well, is there any similar casses Or only it happend with me ? I am little bit scared right now . I don’t want any mess once i moved to that country
And is it sure they will extend my visa? What if they don’t?
It happens.
You can try contact IRCC and try if they extend.
If not, i don't see a reason why they will not extend the visa. The reason why they do this is, they want to see if the person will leave Canada or not. So if you apply after 6 months they can be sure that you will leave Canada after the expiry of the visa. As it is you can stay for 90 days after your visa expires, so nothing to worry.

AaravDevgan

Apr 30, 2019
It happens.
You can try contact IRCC and try if they extend.
If not, i don't see a reason why they will not extend the visa. The reason why they do this is, they want to see if the person will leave Canada or not. So if you apply after 6 months they can be sure that you will leave Canada after the expiry of the visa. As it is you can stay for 90 days after your visa expires, so nothing to worry.[/QUOT

Thank you this was helpful. And should i ask now or after 6 months? What will be best for me? I don’t want to get rejected in the middle of my course because i’ve paid full year fees.

Jss592

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
You can write them asking about the clarity right now, If you don't get a response don't worry and plan your move. Chances of getting rejected in middle of the course is less.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You don't do anything. The TRV is NOT your study permit. Your study permit will be issued by CBSA upon entry for the length of your program.