+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent

Johnjohn17

Jan 9, 2014
I'm 17 and my family is about to take the citizenship test in about 3 weeks. If they pass I know I might have to wait a while for the ceremony but I need to travel for soccer . My pr card is expired . Can I get my passport if we pass the test? I have a showcase in the us during march. Can I get a Canadian passport before the ceremony knowing we've passed the test?

fangs123

May 23, 2013
you will NEVER get the passport right away after passing the test. You will have to wait for the oath ceremony which can take days, weeks or even months. only after taking the oath you can apply for the passport. Be prepared for the worst and make plans accordingly.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suggest you apply to renew your PR card now asking for expedited processing showing proof of travel. If you don't have tickets yet, I suppose a letter from your coach might be enough.

If you are going on a team bus or private car, you could re-enter with an expired PR card but if you are planning on taking a commercial flight or bus to get back to Canada, you would have a problem finding a carrier that will transport you to Canada without a valid card.

You can not bank on getting citizenship before March. You do not become a citizen until the oath ceremony and the oath is often 2-4 months after the test.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
I suggest you apply to renew your PR card now asking for expedited processing showing proof of travel. If you don't have tickets yet, I suppose a letter from your coach might be enough.

If you are going on a team bus or private car, you could re-enter with an expired PR card but if you are planning on taking a commercial flight or bus to get back to Canada, you would have a problem finding a carrier that will transport you to Canada without a valid card.

You can not bank on getting citizenship before March. You do not become a citizen until the oath ceremony and the oath is often 2-4 months after the test.
Dear Leon,

Does a boy of 17 needs police clearance certificate before taking oath? Is there any such requirement?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
I don't think they ask for police certificate during the citizenship process at all.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
I don't think they ask for police certificate during the citizenship process at all.
Thank you...I just wanted to confirm...because I heard it from somewhere.