+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent, Work permit denied, ask to leave.

Harsh29

May 31, 2015
Hello Everyone, I received the email from CIC that work permit extension is denied and ask me leave Canada soon.
My work permit expired on March 28 and i applied for extension 10 days before expiring. I did so because i wanted to gain two year work experience so i can get some extra point in my express entry profile. I knew my extension will be denied but i though after refusal i have 90 to restore my status. Decision was made on 7th July but i received email from CIC today (21 july) after contacting them about my application, so does that mean i worked legally till 20 July.

My question is do i have a option to apply for restoration of status?

If i have to leave then can i come back on visitor visa ?

Any suggestion on my situation will be helpful.

Thank you.

reddy12345

Jul 19, 2016
Read the mail carefully,you should have restoration period,you can apply for visiting visa from within Canada,it is pretty fast these days

Islanders

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
If you know from the beginning ur application willbe denied then there is no point you can apply for restoration status. The reasons are; applying restoration status need to provide all supporting docs such as certificate of PNP, LMIA from current employer, job offer or if without LMIA then your employer need to pay employment compliment fee which the employer needs to register and pay online thru website. Then the employer will give you the proof of payment then you can submit it for applying restoration status. Emplyment compliment fee is if your job doesnt need LMIA. Read the website carefully. Gud luck

AgurBadur

Jul 25, 2016
Harsh29 said:
Hello Everyone, I received the email from CIC that work permit extension is denied and ask me leave Canada soon.
My work permit expired on March 28 and i applied for extension 10 days before expiring. I did so because i wanted to gain two year work experience so i can get some extra point in my express entry profile. I knew my extension will be denied but i though after refusal i have 90 to restore my status. Decision was made on 7th July but i received email from CIC today (21 july) after contacting them about my application, so does that mean i worked legally till 20 July.

My question is do i have a option to apply for restoration of status?

If i have to leave then can i come back on visitor visa ?

Any suggestion on my situation will be helpful.

Thank you.
Did they email say anything about restoration period at all? is it allowed for you to post what it said without any identifying information?