+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: withdrawal and reapply

vickyarsh

Nov 26, 2018
Hi guys,

I applied my visa in June 2020 but still no response from cic. I literally got everything done: GIC, tuition fee payment, a decent sop, medicals and biometrics.
I have contacted IRCC many times but all they sat is that they have processing delays due to Covid. When i have actually seen my frnds getting visa in 2_3 months max, all of them. I applied GCMS notes and there is no important info there. They say "workload redistribution"

In this case, should i withdraw and reapply? Would that help? Or what else can i do. I really need help guy, please let me know of your suggestions

Reactions: trang.ng.pharm

Devil76

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi guys,

I applied my visa in June 2020 but still no response from cic. I literally got everything done: GIC, tuition fee payment, a decent sop, medicals and biometrics.
I have contacted IRCC many times but all they sat is that they have processing delays due to Covid. When i have actually seen my frnds getting visa in 2_3 months max, all of them. I applied GCMS notes and there is no important info there. They say "workload redistribution"

In this case, should i withdraw and reapply? Would that help? Or what else can i do. I really need help guy, please let me know of your suggestions
I was in same situation as yours,
I reapplied and got PPR in 9 Days

Changed SOP, Rest all docs as some with current financials and new employment letter from employer

Devil76

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
when did you apply and to which city ? thanks
1st Application: June 11
Medical passed : July 23
Bio: 19th November - Dubai
Withdrawn on : March 11th
Withdrawal done : March 18th

New Application : April 5th
Ppr : April 14th

College : Seneca
Province: Toronto

7 Years experience in same domain as course

MontrealEc

Oct 20, 2020

thanks for your quick reply, I did my first application on November but deciced to withdraw it 3 weeks ago and still didnt get approved on my withdrawal as well, I dont know what to do

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020

Hi @Devil76 My application is similar to your first application. I applied in July and got AIP in August. I withdrew my application 10 weeks ago. But, there is no response yet. One day after application for withdrawal, I got a response telling the responsible office will determine the possibility of withdrawal within 16 weeks. Did you receive a similar response to your withdrawal request?

Devil76

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi @Devil76 My application is similar to your first application. I applied in July and got AIP in August. I withdrew my application 10 weeks ago. But, there is no response yet. One day after application for withdrawal, I got a response telling the responsible office will determine the possibility of withdrawal within 16 weeks. Did you receive a similar response to your withdrawal request?
No I just got withdrawn letter in 8 Days

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
No I just got withdrawn letter in 8 Days
Ok. Thanks. It was just a correspondence letter in your account. Is that right? My Visa office in Manila, and it seems they are not able to manage applications due to covid. Where was your office?

Devil76

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Ok. Thanks. It was just a correspondence letter in your account. Is that right? My Visa office in Manila, and it seems they are not able to manage applications due to covid. Where was your office?
Yep I got BVl and Withdrawal letter

vickyarsh

Nov 26, 2018
Hello everyone, thanks for your reply. @Devil76 @MontrealEc I have not received AIP. I applied in June 2020 and no response so far. Now is it wise to apply for withdrawal?

even if I apply for withdrawal, should I wait to apply (for a new application) for an email saying the withdrawal is complete? because if it takes too long to withdraw, then I guess it probably doesn't help.

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
Hello everyone, thanks for your reply. @Devil76 @MontrealEc I have not received AIP. I applied in June 2020 and no response so far. Now is it wise to apply for withdrawal?

even if I apply for withdrawal, should I wait to apply (for a new application) for an email saying the withdrawal is complete? because if it takes too long to withdraw, then I guess it probably doesn't help.
Hi bro. in the IRCC website, I've seen that we can apply for two permits at the same time. But, you can get only one. I mean that you can apply while waiting for the result of your withdrawal.

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
Hi bro. in the IRCC website, I've seen that we can apply for two permits at the same time. But, you can get only one. I mean that you can apply while waiting for the result of your withdrawal.
Hi man, is it true we can reapply 2 study permits at the same time? I am on the same boat with the host here, applied in May2020, but I already studied from Fall 2020 so basically if I withdraw (not fail), when I reapply, all time studying outside Ca will not be counted.

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
Hi man, is it true we can reapply 2 study permits at the same time? I am on the same boat with the host here, applied in May2020, but I already studied from Fall 2020 so basically if I withdraw (not fail), when I reapply, all time studying outside Ca will not be counted.
Yes. I think that in your case, it is better to not withdraw.

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020

I don't know but I withdrew, and then I wait for two weeks. And then reapply. However, I don't know it is true or not. My initial application was in July 2020. I got the GCMS note, and all items were passed and just PPR was not started since August. Even, my background check was finished. I guess that my file was lost or due to the pandemic, and office change, it is out of usual document circulation.