+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Urgent] Withdraw online TRV application ( Mistake in Filling out Visitor visa)

Riddle4045

Nov 27, 2017
Hi Guys,

I made a mistake in filling out visitor visa application, in the section where it says "have you been denied or refused visa in Canada or any other country " he checked no, only to realize I was refused a student visa before. It was an oversight which should be corrected.

The visa application was filed last Wednesday, my question is: should I withdraw the application and correct the mistake and re-submit? Is it too late to withdraw the application?

thanks for your time!

Last edited:

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
Don't withdraw send Case Specific enquirey using cic to the visa office which is dealing your visa they will noted i made same mistake which i realize after a month and i send email and they make changes in file so best is send CSE using cic link and surely they will respond you back ASAP they can

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp here is a link to send them email

good luck

Riddle4045

Nov 27, 2017
thanks ubfx,

I have withdrawn my request right now as I submitted it just a week ago, however I will also be sending them the correct information using the case specific enquiry just to be sure that I have corrected this mistake from my end.

@Bryanna do you have any inputs for me, I appreciate your time on this.

Riddle4045

Nov 27, 2017
seniors, really need your help on this.
note that, it's been a week since I submitted my application online that's why it seemed like a better option just to withdraw and reapply.

Last edited:

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
thanks ubfx,

I have withdrawn my request right now as I submitted it just a week ago, however I will also be sending them the correct information using the case specific enquiry just to be sure that I have corrected this mistake from my end.

@Bryanna do you have any inputs for me, I appreciate your time on this.
I am not getting it withdraw means you are cancelling application and will re-apply again with new fees however this can be resolve only sending CSE request to them

seniors, really need your help on this.
note that, it's been a week since I submitted my application online that's why it seemed like a better option just to withdraw and reapply.
withdraw means you are cancelling application however send CSE to your visa center who are handling in your application and they will update and email you back i forgot to mention about 1 refusal later a month i send them email and they send me acknowledgement of it and it is all ok NOW

Riddle4045

Nov 27, 2017
Thanks ubfx,

How do I know which VO is processing my application? I also sent the correct through a case specific enquiry through the online form
Frankly, I went with withdrawal first as I have been reading horrible stories about people getting Misrepresentation Ban for 5 years because of silly oversight like this.

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
Thanks ubfx,

How do I know which VO is processing my application? I also sent the correct through a case specific enquiry through the online form
Frankly, I went with withdrawal first as I have been reading horrible stories about people getting Misrepresentation Ban for 5 years because of silly oversight like this.
well if you send it faster so there is no issue as it took 1 day and they reply you within 24 hours tell me your country or vac so i can tell you where you can send your request thanks

Riddle4045

Nov 27, 2017
so, I got this response from CiC today. What does it mean when they say "the office will determine if the application can be withdrawn and will issue a refund .."?

Is there a chance that the application can't be withdrawn? It's only been 5 days since submission.
+++++++++
A note has been added to your file to notify the responsible office that you wish to withdraw your application. Once the processing of your application begins, the office will determine if the application can be withdrawn and will issue a refund within 16 weeks of the withdrawal, if applicable.

If you have submitted your application with family members and you are the principal applicant, the office will also withdraw their applications.

Please note that the decision to withdraw an application is definitive, and that a new application will require the applicable fees.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

++++++++++

Reactions: PR Dreamer

Arc18

Jan 16, 2018
Hey It got withdrawn in how much time and have you reapplied?

so, I got this response from CiC today. What does it mean when they say "the office will determine if the application can be withdrawn and will issue a refund .."?

Is there a chance that the application can't be withdrawn? It's only been 5 days since submission.
+++++++++
A note has been added to your file to notify the responsible office that you wish to withdraw your application. Once the processing of your application begins, the office will determine if the application can be withdrawn and will issue a refund within 16 weeks of the withdrawal, if applicable.

If you have submitted your application with family members and you are the principal applicant, the office will also withdraw their applications.

Please note that the decision to withdraw an application is definitive, and that a new application will require the applicable fees.

++++++++++

alexdis

May 24, 2017
hey .... HAVE YOU GOT CONFIRMATION ON WITHDRAWAL DONE OR NOT....

CAN WE EMAIL AGAIN TO CONSIDER THE FILE AGAIN, POST WE SEND THEM THE WITHDRAWAL.....

IF NOT ,HAVE YOU RE-APPLIED AND GOT THE VISA ,,,,, PLEASE LET ME KNOW....

alexdis

May 24, 2017
well if you send it faster so there is no issue as it took 1 day and they reply you within 24 hours tell me your country or vac so i can tell you where you can send your request thanks
What about if we have done the application online under ' visitor visa -more than 6 months' ,
which VAC we should send it ?... the applicant is from INDIA but application is submitted ONLINE

xluo62

Aug 13, 2019
What about if we have done the application online under ' visitor visa -more than 6 months' ,
which VAC we should send it ?... the applicant is from INDIA but application is submitted ONLINE
Hi, have you got your application withdrawn at the end?

xluo62

Aug 13, 2019

+++++++++

++++++++++
Hi, how's your case ended up finally? I am in the same trouble now.

Fbttn

Dec 25, 2019
My application for work permit extension got withdrawn without my request. Cic is reviewing it and will take a few days to contact me. Anybo

Ammydeep

Aug 21, 2020
Hello, I have applied for trv but after submitting application I noticed that I filled wrong place of birth. Then I requested for withdrawal. I didn’t receive any reply yet. Is there anybody who knows what’s the process and in how many days I will get reply.