+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: What to do if you had answered one of the Statutory Question by-mistake Incorrectly?

K_T

Sep 16, 2018
Hi Members,

I would really appreciate if any senior members can help me with this!

My tourist visa to a country was declined a few years ago and when I came across these statutory questions:

1. Has [name of applicant] been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or a visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has [name of application] ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

I replied NO to the first question and YES to the second one with an explanation as I was a bit confused with the wording of these questions as there is an overlap. It's been over 6months and I haven't received any updates.
My questions are should I raise a CSE and correct the mistake for the first question or should I let it be - because in a way I am giving the information about rejection of my tourist visa?

Many thanks!

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
you should raise CSE and explain it was a mistake

Tese@24

Jan 10, 2021
Hi Members,

I would really appreciate if any senior members can help me with this!

My tourist visa to a country was declined a few years ago and when I came across these statutory questions:

1. Has [name of applicant] been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or a visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has [name of application] ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

I replied NO to the first question and YES to the second one with an explanation as I was a bit confused with the wording of these questions as there is an overlap. It's been over 6months and I haven't received any updates.
My questions are should I raise a CSE and correct the mistake for the first question or should I let it be - because in a way I am giving the information about rejection of my tourist visa?

Many thanks!
Please how did you handle this issue and what was the outcome of your application as my friend is in a similar situation. Did you raise CSE or leave it as it were with the LOE? Thanks

K_T

Sep 16, 2018
Please how did you handle this issue and what was the outcome of your application as my friend is in a similar situation. Did you raise CSE or leave it as it were with the LOE? Thanks
I did nothing. Got my PR soon after this post.

Reactions: Tese@24

Tese@24

Jan 10, 2021
Thanks for your response. Pls did you have to fill IMM5669e Schedule A Background/Declaration form along with your submission or was it later required for you to fill it as an additional requirement?
Thanks

K_T

Sep 16, 2018
As far as I remember, one has to fill Schedule A only if IRCC asks you to provide additional information or in case you missed out on providing any information in your application. In my case, they did not ask me to fill it as I did mentioned about the refusal of a visitor visa in my LOE. Hope it's clear now.

Reactions: Tese@24

Tese@24

Jan 10, 2021
As far as I remember, one has to fill Schedule A only if IRCC asks you to provide additional information or in case you missed out on providing any information in your application. In my case, they did not ask me to fill it as I did mentioned about the refusal of a visitor visa in my LOE. Hope it's clear now.
Yes it is. Thanks

YCR7

Star Member
Jul 13, 2022
Hello I’m in the same situation?
But the difference is that I have answered first question as “yes” and second question as “no”
But I have mentioned my visitor visa refusal in first question. Should I need to do anything?