+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent : WES Reference number problem (ITA Recieved)

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Hi All,

I got my ITA yesterday for CRS score 472.

However, there have been some problem in my ECA report reference number.

Actually, I had my WES evaluation done for my Bachelor's degree. Later on, I upgraded my report for "Add New Credential" and got my evaluation done for my Master's degree.

For my second report, I got a new reference number and it included my evaluation for my bachelor's degree as well.

I got this evaluation done very recently and based on my online evaluation result, I had updated my EE profile with the new reference number (since the online report only shows numeric reference number, i myself added IMM suffix, since it was there in my original ECA report).

I just received the hard copy result and found that the reference number as 1234567/kt and the header says "Credential Evaluation and Authentication Report".

Since, I have got my ITA yesterday, what should I do?

1. Shall I update my PR Application with the new reference number? (Include /kt instead of IMM). Will this report be accepted for EE?

2. Order a new duplicate report (immigration), but my concern is will the date of evaluation remain same in that case, since the ECA evaluation report date has to be before ITA receiving date.

3. Decline ITA :(

thanks in advance

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Use the same report and input the actual ECA reference number in your post ITA application. No reason to decline the ITA as you had a valid ECA when you got the invite.

Congratulations and All the best!

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Use the same report and input the actual ECA reference number in your post ITA application. No reason to decline the ITA as you had a valid ECA when you got the invite.

Congratulations and All the best!
Thanks Asivad,

I had read few posts earlier, where, CIC has raised an objection on WES report, if it was missing IMM suffix (Not sure if it caused rejection). Since, the report that I am referring to in my EE profile now, doesn't have IMM suffix but instead 1234567/kt.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm aware of that confusion. Still, this isn't a good enough reason to decline the ITA. You have 60 days to submit your post ITA application. If you're worried about the IMM suffix, you can sort that out with WES within these 60 days and still submit your application. Recommend that you do not decline the ITA and apply with the same/updated ECA report - the changes in date won't matter because you had a valid ECA as on the date you got your ITA and a simple matter of updating the report doesn't change that fact.

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
india_user25 said:
Thanks Asivad,

I had read few posts earlier, where, CIC has raised an objection on WES report, if it was missing IMM suffix (Not sure if it caused rejection). Since, the report that I am referring to in my EE profile now, doesn't have IMM suffix but instead 1234567/kt.
I had similar confusion, my report was from last year when I had tried for fsw ..it didn't had imm suffix, I went to the wes website and ordered an update(there is an option which allows you to make it available for cic) costs you few $...they updated my evaluation report added imm on to it I had requested just a soft copy which was made available in 2days..but on a different note one of my friend has successfully applied but he didn't got it changed

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
One more point this new report with imm had two dates, I got it confirmed from wes that we need to input the date on which the original evaluation was done in cic website and not the new issue date

jkjk11

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deyka said:
One more point this new report with imm had two dates, I got it confirmed from wes that we need to input the date on which the original evaluation was done in cic website and not the new issue date

Hi,

I got my ECA report from WES with a typo. I let them know and they sent me revised report which says original report was sent on earlier (specific date).

My question: which date should I use when filling information for ECA?

Thanks in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jkjk11 said:
Hi,

I got my ECA report from WES with a typo. I let them know and they sent me revised report which says original report was sent on earlier (specific date).

My question: which date should I use when filling information for ECA?

Thanks in advance.
Date on the original report.

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
I'm aware of that confusion. Still, this isn't a good enough reason to decline the ITA. You have 60 days to submit your post ITA application. If you're worried about the IMM suffix, you can sort that out with WES within these 60 days and still submit your application. Recommend that you do not decline the ITA and apply with the same/updated ECA report - the changes in date won't matter because you had a valid ECA as on the date you got your ITA and a simple matter of updating the report doesn't change that fact.
Hi Asviad,

I have posted a query to WES, and I got the reply as :

#############################################################################

Thank you for your message.

Please be advised, your updated evaluation has been included to CIC who is registered as one of our AccessWES institutions that accepts our evaluation reports electronically only. Therefore, an e-report was delivered. Thank you.

Thank you for using our services,
WES Customer Service Department

#############################################################################

So, it means there is no need to order duplicate report and I should just submit the latest report (missing IMM prefix) ?

Also, is there any need to attach the email from WES in optional document ?

Thanks

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
I have a somewhat related question regarding educational background. However, it is not about the reference number problem. Please forgive me for the long-winded post:

I received my PhD from the USA. A Masters degree was also awarded en route to the PhD degree, as is the case for most US PhDs. For WES evaluation, I only indicated PhD degree as the degree to be verified in WES application form. However, because the transcripts my university sent to WES includes both my degrees (PhD and Masters), the WES ECA report came back with 2 degrees: Masters and PhD and the Equivalency Summary was Earned doctorate (PhD).

In creating and submitting the profile, I only indicated my highest degree: PhD, and for this I received 150 points for education as well as 50 points under Skill transferability factors --> Education (I have max points from IELTS).

If I look at the criteria under 'Skill transferability factors --> Education' section, 50 points are awarded when official language abilities are CLB 9 or higher (I satisfy this) and having 'Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer' (which I do not explicitly satisfy in the profile, since I indicated only 1 degree. But I suppose their rationale is that a PhD holder necessarily earned another post-secondary degree).

I have received by ITA and am completing the online form. My essential question is whether I should also indicate my Masters degree in the Education section of the application. The advantages of doing so are:

1. So that the education information in my PR application matches that in the ECA report (which shows 2 degrees)
2. Remove any theoretical doubt about whether I have 2 or more post-secondary program credentials

However, there are disadvantages too:

1. I did not indicate my Masters degree in the profile. Therefore, so adding anything additional might raise unnecessary red flags?

2. Due to the nature of the Masters degree awarded, the starting date for both Masters and PhD is the same. This is not a problem for people familiar with the US education system, but I am not sure whether it would raise any unnecessary red flags for a CIC officer (who may go by the assumption that different degrees necessarily progress sequentially). In any case, even if they artificially split my entire US education into 2 parts, the length from the Masters completion date to the PhD completion date is still more than 3 years.

Input from anyone? Asivad??