+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent : WES evaluation query

Moni05

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hi All,
I am from Pakistan and my qualifications are given as under:
M.Phil. Applied Linguistics (18 years of education)
M.Ed. (16 years of education)
B.Ed. (14 years of education)

My ECA for M.Phil. degree is giving me 126 points (with spouse). Will my ECA for M.Ed or B.Ed will give me any additional points other than my M.Phil degree?

Please help me.. Should I have ECA for my M.Ed or B.Ed too? In Express entry profile, the drop down menu does not allow me to choose more than one degree options. How can I add both the qualifications in my Express Entry Profile? Please help me how can I get points for my M.Ed/B.Ed along with my M.Phil?

Kindly help me. Your help will be of great importance for me.

Dear Bushra,
ECA is issued for your overall education. Please inclue all degrees with transcripts when you send to WES/ or IQAS.
eg: if u have mphil, mED and BEd. you will get ECA for all 3 on the same certificate and they will verify that each of them is authentic.
Regarding the drop down menu, please choose the highest degree earned (in your case MPhil) and save.. you can then add more. On the right side there is an option. browse around the page., u will find it.

Chillovski

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
ON, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Hi All,
I am from Pakistan and my qualifications are given as under:
M.Phil. Applied Linguistics (18 years of education)
M.Ed. (16 years of education)
B.Ed. (14 years of education)

My ECA for M.Phil. degree is giving me 126 points (with spouse). Will my ECA for M.Ed or B.Ed will give me any additional points other than my M.Phil degree?

Please help me.. Should I have ECA for my M.Ed or B.Ed too? In Express entry profile, the drop down menu does not allow me to choose more than one degree options. How can I add both the qualifications in my Express Entry Profile? Please help me how can I get points for my M.Ed/B.Ed along with my M.Phil?

Kindly help me. Your help will be of great importance for me.
As far as I know, each and every degree after High School needs to be evaluated by the designated ECA organization (at least that is the case with WES). So if your highest degree is M. Phil., you would not only need to send the documents for M.Phil. for evaluation, but also for B. Ed, and M. Ed. as well. I don't believe they will look at M. Phil. as a stand alone qualification, until they've assessed and "Equalized" the earlier degrees first.

How many points you get is entirely dependent on the equivalency of your qualifications with the Canadian qualifications. Maybe you should try calling the ECA organization you plan on sending your documents to, and ask them that how have they previously evaluated someone holding two Master's degrees from Pakistan... and what is the Canadian Equivalency for these degrees (assuming that you will provide all the documents required for a successful assessment).

Bushra Nawaz

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Thank you very much Moni05 and Chillovski,

Let me explain my case. I earned M.Phil degree by doing Matric then F.A. then B.A. then M.A. and finally M.Phil. BUT for my M.Ed degree I did B.Ed first which is other than my B.A. degree. Therefore, I hold two different credentials. My M.Phil ECA is already in progress. Because both the degrees are not extension of each other nor can we mix their streams. BUT as

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?top=29

says If you have more than one credential, you may want to get both assessed if it would give you more points.

So in my case I assume I have two different credentials, therefore I will need two ECAs one for my M.Phil and another for my M.Ed.

Now the question is in what way I can add them in my EE profile and get the maximum points that I deserve. As the drop down menu on CRS Tool allows you to choose only one option.

Please help, I will be grateful for it.

Bushra Nawaz

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
As far as I know, each and every degree after High School needs to be evaluated by the designated ECA organization (at least that is the case with WES). So if your highest degree is M. Phil., you would not only need to send the documents for M.Phil. for evaluation, but also for B. Ed, and M. Ed. as well. I don't believe they will look at M. Phil. as a stand alone qualification, until they've assessed and "Equalized" the earlier degrees first.

How many points you get is entirely dependent on the equivalency of your qualifications with the Canadian qualifications. Maybe you should try calling the ECA organization you plan on sending your documents to, and ask them that how have they previously evaluated someone holding two Master's degrees from Pakistan... and what is the Canadian Equivalency for these degrees (assuming that you will provide all the documents required for a successful assessment).
Dear Chillovski,
Let me explain my case. I earned M.Phil degree by doing Matric then F.A. then B.A. then M.A. and finally M.Phil. BUT for my M.Ed degree I did B.Ed first which is other than my B.A. degree. Therefore, I hold two different credentials. My M.Phil ECA is already in progress. Because both the degrees are not extension of each other nor can we mix their streams. BUT as

says If you have more than one credential, you may want to get both assessed if it would give you more points.

So in my case I assume I have two different credentials, therefore I will need two ECAs one for my M.Phil and another for my M.Ed.

Now the question is in what way I can add them in my EE profile and get the maximum points that I deserve. As the drop down menu on CRS Tool allows you to choose only one option.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW

nope, not all degrees. All degrees applies for courses completed in countries like India, Pakistan, etc.

Chillovski

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
ON, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
nope, not all degrees. All degrees applies for courses completed in countries like India, Pakistan, etc.
I got 2 degrees from the US, had to get them both evaluated buddy... that's how WES works... can't say for sure about the other organizations.

Chillovski

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
ON, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Dear Chillovski,

I understand that you may be eligible for additional points due to two different degrees, that's why I had suggested to call the ECA organization as only they will have the best answer on how they would assess two separate Master's degrees from Pakistan. Based on their feedback on the possible assessment of your degrees, you can calculate how many more points you can be eligible for.

With regards to filling out the form, I wish I could help you there... my consultant filled out my online IRCC form so I don't even know what it looks like :(

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I got 2 degrees from the US, had to get them both evaluated buddy... that's how WES works... can't say for sure about the other organizations.
then that means WES is inconsistent. I got 3 degrees (2 India, 1 NZ) and got only my NZ degree evaluated without any worries (WES knew about the Indian degrees).

Chillovski

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
ON, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
That is surprising indeed... different standards for different people then. Maybe it had something to do with having degrees from 2 different countries; they assumed that the NZ uni would have taken the burden of assessing the Indian degrees earlier.

Or maybe it all boils down to what they've been smoking on a particular day...

mk11s

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
I have done Bachelors in Engineering and after that Certificate Course in a Foreign Language.
Will it give any additional points ?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
That is surprising indeed... different standards for different people then. Maybe it had something to do with having degrees from 2 different countries; they assumed that the NZ uni would have taken the burden of assessing the Indian degrees earlier.

The 2nd reason seems more plausible.

Moni05

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
haah

haha! like the bit of humor there!

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
Dear Asivad,

Please help in my case if can.. I would be much grateful for your help.
Even if you apply for assessment of M.Phil, they will ask you send all the documents to them in a HEC and Board sealed envelop. So mention all your degrees in WES profile, they won't charge extra.