+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent ! VO said that i failed to give up my Off Campus WP after finishing Schoo

nicole1006

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Noc 1241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
Hi, everyone, i have just got my GCMS note....
i think i am in trouble now. can anyone help me with that !
i finished all my course in School in 2010 Dec, then i went back to my country for 3month and came back to Canada in March 2011
i tried to apply my PGWP, but they refused me as i did not submit my transcript, then i re-submitted again in June 2011, when my graduating ceremony was, then i got my PGWP in 2011. i heard that i can use my off campus to work (Which is expeired in Aug 31 2011) while i am waiting for my PGWP.
BUT today, when i received the GCMs, it states in the note that i was found NON-COMPLIANT FOR FAILING TO SURRENDER ocwp after leaving School.
is it mostly likely a refused in my case? what can i do with it??? can anyone help??

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nicole1006 said:
Hi, everyone, i have just got my GCMS note....
i think i am in trouble now. can anyone help me with that !
i finished all my course in School in 2010 Dec, then i went back to my country for 3month and came back to Canada in March 2011
i tried to apply my PGWP, but they refused me as i did not submit my transcript, then i re-submitted again in June 2011, when my graduating ceremony was, then i got my PGWP in 2011. i heard that i can use my off campus to work (Which is expeired in Aug 31 2011) while i am waiting for my PGWP.
BUT today, when i received the GCMs, it states in the note that i was found NON-COMPLIANT FOR FAILING TO SURRENDER ocwp after leaving School.
is it mostly likely a refused in my case? what can i do with it??? can anyone help??
Firstly, can you provide the GCMS notes? It's better to read the full thing.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus-surrender.asp

It could well be a refusal.

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
that is pretty weird. Even I thought its like we can use OCWP after finishing studies. But probably only for a limited time like at max 4 months. 8 months were too much.. If a rejection happen than it will be just your very Bad luck.. because you tried to get PGWP but it failed.. And you were not aware of clause regarding returning WP.. :-[

nicole1006

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Noc 1241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
the whole info is like that:
Temporary resident status authoried during CEC qualifying period. PA was refused PGWP in APRIL 2011 FOR Not including transcript in application. PA was found non-compliant for failin to surrender OCWP after leaving School. .......( other than that is fine ) and the eligible is recommonded passed..... but i am worried they considered me working without authoried after the 3-4months i was waiting for my PGWP..... then rejected me on my CEC case...
what can i do now...i am so worried

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
nicole1006 said:
Temporary resident status authoried during CEC qualifying period. PA was refused PGWP in APRIL 2011 FOR Not including transcript in application. PA was found non-compliant for failin to surrender OCWP after leaving School. .......( other than that is fine ) and the eligible is recommonded passed..... but i am worried they considered me working without authoried after the 3-4months i was waiting for my PGWP..... then rejected me on my CEC case...
Are you already Rejected or you are just assuming??
If it says eligible recommended passed, than most likely they put your file under review. & Reviewer has already passed it.
Don't worry, there is nothing else you can do right now other than being Positive..

octskapp

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
I think the issue here is you applied for PGWP after 6 months from the date of graduation?
You need to apply within 90 days for PGWP. and only 90 days will be considered as transition period.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nicole1006 said:
That's better! It makes a big difference providing all info. I agree with bickyii. If it's saying recommended pass chances are you will be okay. I'd be mored concerned if it didn't say it or said "Review required".

Hold tight!

nicole1006

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Noc 1241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
bickyii said:
Are you already Rejected or you are just assuming??
If it says eligible recommended passed, than most likely they put your file under review. & Reviewer has already passed it.
Don't worry, there is nothing else you can do right now other than being Positive..
i am just assuming !!!! i just got my note today.....
as i thought we can use OFF campus work permite to work until its experid..... i never expected it would cause me problem......
i really dont know what to do now..... so worrying !!!!!

nicole1006

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Noc 1241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
octskapp said:
I think the issue here is you applied for PGWP after 6 months from the date of graduation?
You need to apply within 90 days for PGWP. and only 90 days will be considered as transition period.
but the question is 90 days from the date i got my cerificate or from the date i finished all my course?? as i finished all my course in Dec 2010, but i only got my certificate in June 2011...... so which day should i consider??

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does one has to return it even though its expired? I mean all off campus work permits have expiry date on it!

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
pari_p said:
Does one has to return it even though its expired? I mean all off campus work permits have expiry date on it!
oh no.. I dont think so.. its only if you are not a full time student anymore or something like that as mentioned in the link given by jsm

nicole1006

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Noc 1241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
i am so worried now... dont know what to do...!!!
just wonder if that is the case, my student permit was not valid any more as well??? so i was not illegal staying in Canada??
according to the words from CIC, "have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization ", do they only require the application gained the 1years working experience legally or it has to be legally all the time???

octskapp

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
i dont knw it this is up-to-date source but according to operational bulletin 193, you need to have both a valid study permit and OCWP to work during the transition period from OCWP to PGWP.
Did you have a valid study permit along with OCWP?

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
nicole1006 said:
i am just assuming !!!! i just got my note today.....
as i thought we can use OFF campus work permite to work until its experid..... i never expected it would cause me problem......
i really dont know what to do now..... so worrying !!!!!
Than I think you should stop worrying,, the information you received in notes is a month old. If they had to reject it than they would have done in last 30 days.. Be Positive,,, Keep in mind that Whatever you think, that happens to you.. :)