+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Visitor Visa - travel agency mistake

viarrais

Aug 30, 2018
I'm brazilian and live in New Zealand. I was advised by my travel agent that I should apply for an ETA and that it would be very easy and simple to get. Long story short I had to apply for a full visitor visa. I applied online on the 20th of August and had to reschedule my flights. The agency took the blame and will cover charges for me as the agent have always told me she was well aware that I should apply only for an ETA and that the fact that I wasn't eligible to do so should be an error from the website. Now my visa is still in process and I got no answer about it. My partner is Canadian and he went to Canada a month ago. All his family is waiting on my arrival. And from the 22nd of September we will travel so I'm very worried that I won't get there on time to meet his parents for the first time. I sent some e-mails to the Sydney office explaining the whole situation but got no reply yet. Can this be considerate an urgent case so they can speed up the process? Do you think I'll be able to be there before the 22nd of September?
I appreciate any help.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The processing time quoted for a visa is averaged at 19 days so if you applied August 20 th you are still inside that time. No point in asking for expedited processing as it will not happen and impossible to predict whether the processing time will be met or not just need unfortunately to be patient.

The agent has no excuse by the way given the Canadian government website clearly says that Brazilian passport holders need a visa to visit Canada given not a visa exempt country as per New Zealand.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp?_ga=2.109105029.168171097.1535604494-1931214283.1535604494

Last edited:

viarrais

Aug 30, 2018
So they do not consider the situation at all or they may consider it?
Will they answer my e-mails tho?

My partner and his family are writing a letter of invitation to me as well to see if it can help.

It's been so frustrating. If I'd booked my flights at Skyscanner I wouldn't have relied on anyone's advice about visas.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So they do not consider the situation at all or they may consider it?
Will they answer my e-mails tho?

My partner and his family are writing a letter of invitation to me as well to see if it can help.

It's been so frustrating. If I'd booked my flights at Skyscanner I wouldn't have relied on anyone's advice about visas.
They will not speed up processing because of your situation - there's no point emailing them. You can expect to get an answer to your email eventually (it can take a few weeks to get a reply). You should expect that it will be a standard / form answer that simply says your visa is still being processed. An invitation letter will not speed up processing.

Note that the posted processing times are just estimates. It's possible for processing to take longer - even several months. It's impossible for any of us to say if you will have an approved visa by the 22nd. Hopefully it will all work out - but nothing you can do at this point except wait.

viarrais

Aug 30, 2018
They answer saying my application is in queue for a migration officer to review it. What does that means? Is it getting closer to an answer? Or it still may take a few weeks?