+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Visitor Visa Processing - To attend a funeral

deepk94

Feb 13, 2020
Hello guys,

Please help me with the following question:

My friend's father died last night and his funeral is on Sunday. My friend is in India and he is Indian Citizen and does not have visitor visa. However, his father was Canadian citizen and his brother is also Canadian citizen.

How can he qualify to get urgent visitor visa processing for him to come attend his funeral on Sunday? Today is Wednesday.

Its not the only thing, the other thing is Biometrics are not being done in India at the moment? If he do get urgent processing somehow, can he be exempt from biometrics?

Would he be able to travel to canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys,

My friend's father died last night and his funeral is on Sunday. My friend is in India and he is Indian Citizen and does not have visitor visa. However, his father was Canadian citizen and his brother is also Canadian citizen.

How can he qualify to get urgent visitor visa processing for him to come attend his funeral on Sunday? Today is Wednesday.

Its not the only thing, the other thing is Biometrics are not being done in India at the moment? If he do get urgent processing somehow, can he be exempt from biometrics?

Your friend will need to apply for a TRV following the regular process and request urgent processing.

I don't know if approval is possible without biometrics. I'm not aware of exemptions being granted. However perhaps others know.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys,

The other thing to keep in mind is that even with an approved TRV, he won't be able to attend the funeral. As soon as he arrives in Canada it will be mandatory that he quarantine for 14 days. Attending the funeral in person is simply not possible no matter what happens.

deepk94

Feb 13, 2020
Your friend will need to apply for a TRV following the regular process and request urgent processing.

I don't know if approval is possible without biometrics. I'm not aware of exemptions being granted. However perhaps others know.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, due to covid-19, there are many things limiting this.
First, biometrics.
Second, travel exemption.
Third, Quarantine.

The question is, how can we request urgent processing?

deepk94

Feb 13, 2020
The other thing to keep in mind is that even with an approved TRV, he won't be able to attend the funeral. As soon as he arrives in Canada it will be mandatory that he quarantine for 14 days. Attending the funeral in person is simply not possible no matter what happens.
This is what I was thinking.

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Hello guys,

Your friend needs to apply for TRV, and due to "Reunite with Immediate Family" I think your friend is good to go and enter Canada: Get more documents as possible and a very detailed letter of explanation . One thing during this time is that there is a requirement of 14-day quarantine when arriving at Canada. I think it is not possible to be on time, but at least I am sure he can enter during this hard time. I feel sorry for your friend!!!

deepk94

Feb 13, 2020
Your friend needs to apply for TRV, and due to "Reunite with Immediate Family" I think your friend is good to go and enter Canada: Get more documents as possible and a very detailed letter of explanation . One thing during this time is that there is a requirement of 14-day quarantine when arriving at Canada. I think it is not possible to be on time, but at least I am sure he can enter during this hard time. I feel sorry for your friend!!!
Thanks for your condolences. However, the application has been refused.