+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Visitor Visa Information

vidushianand2

Jun 18, 2018
I applied on 4th may 2018 as I have to go for a training at Carleton University for a month. I have submitted all papers and haven't received anything. When I track it just says that it's still processing at Delhi HC. I have my flight on tomorrow at 2:45am and haven't received my visa yet. Please help. It's really urgent as my training will start on 21st June and I have already paid the fee and booked the tickets.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I applied on 4th may 2018 as I have to go for a training at Carleton University for a month. I have submitted all papers and haven't received anything. When I track it just says that it's still processing at Delhi HC. I have my flight on tomorrow at 2:45am and haven't received my visa yet. Please help. It's really urgent as my training will start on 21st June and I have already paid the fee and booked the tickets.
It was not required/not advisable to book tickets before the visa is issued.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do except to cancel your visit

Reactions: scylla

vidushianand2

Jun 18, 2018
It was not required/not advisable to book tickets before the visa is issued.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do except to cancel your visit
But, My training has a fixed date and the fee was mandatory to be paid so wasn't I supposed to receive the visa before hand? Isn't it the responsibility of the high commission to make sure that the applications are processed according to the reason and should have some priority order?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
But, My training has a fixed date and the fee was mandatory to be paid so wasn't I supposed to receive the visa before hand? Isn't it the responsibility of the high commission to make sure that the applications are processed according to the reason and should have some priority order?
The Canadian Government has no obligation to process any visa application in any particular order or based on any plans expressed in an application or even process any application successfully at all if application requirements are not satisfied.

This is why the advice is always apply for anything way in advance, do not rely on the published processing times and do not pay for any travel arrangements that are not at least refundable before a visa has been approved.

This is not unique advice for Canada but applies to any country where a visa application is required.

vidushianand2

Jun 18, 2018
The Canadian Government has no obligation to process any visa application in any particular order or based on any plans expressed in an application or even process any application successfully at all if application requirements are not satisfied.

This is why the advice is always apply for anything way in advance, do not rely on the published processing times and do not pay for any travel arrangements that are not at least refundable before a visa has been approved.

This is not unique advice for Canada but applies to any country where a visa application is required.
But I can only apply for a visa once I get the Invitation Letter. Before that How can I apply? And why do they post it on their website the processing time when they don't adhere to it?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
They post this as well. Processing times aren’t guaranteed.

Processing times will vary based on:

• Type of application submitted;
  • Volume of applications received;
  • How easily we can verify information;
  • How well and how quickly you respond to any requests or concerns;
  • Whether the application is complete.