+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent -- Visitor extension application, US in CAN

carmine

Nov 16, 2015
I currently live in u.s.a. but home city is currently on a list to be attacked by isis.. as for pr no. But we are trying to do a spousal visa. But running into a lot of waiting on paper work or unsure of how to proceed on some of the paper work. But I'd be intrested in anything to stay with her. And work here in canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
carmine said:
I currently live in u.s.a. but home city is currently on a list to be attacked by isis.. as for pr no. But we are trying to do a spousal visa. But running into a lot of waiting on paper work or unsure of how to proceed on some of the paper work. But I'd be intrested in anything to stay with her. And work here in canada.
I'm very confused about the ISIS bit. It's in no way relevant to you wanting to stay in Canada.

As mentioned previously, if you are married or common law and your spouse sponsors you for PR using the inland method, then you will qualify for an open work permit approximately four months after the application is submitted.

Otherwise you would need to secure a full time job offer in Canada from a Canadian employer. If your job qualifies under NAFTA, then you can apply for a work permit with just a job offer. If not, your employer will need to obtain an LMIA before you can apply for a work permit. This is a long and expensive process that most employers aren't willing to undertake.

carmine

Nov 16, 2015
Ok i got some info but a tad cinfused... I'm in canada as a vistor. I want to stay full time here with my wife. Should I apply for pr or should we do the spousal visa. ( to explain I flew here with return ticket. Customs allows me up to 6 months stay with just my pass port.. I've also been told I can request an ext. To stay for a total of 8 months..) not sure which I should do first as I am wanting to move here with her. And work..

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carmine said:
Ok i got some info but a tad cinfused... I'm in canada as a vistor. I want to stay full time here with my wife. Should I apply for pr or should we do the spousal visa. ( to explain I flew here with return ticket. Customs allows me up to 6 months stay with just my pass port.. I've also been told I can request an ext. To stay for a total of 8 months..) not sure which I should do first as I am wanting to move here with her. And work..
1. You seem unsure of your circumstances. So you live in the US? What is your status in the US? If you live in the US where does ISIS feature? How long have you been married? Where did you marry? Why haven't you done sponsorship till now? I suggest you head over to the Family Class Sponsorship section of the forum where you will get answers to your questions.

2. A quick summary - your Canadian citizen spouse can apply/sponsor you for PR under the Family Class stream. You can either apply inland = processing takes place in Canada or outland = processing takes place at a Canadian visa post overseas. Each method has its pros and cons. The biggest advantage of an inland application is that you are with your spouse and so separation is not an issue. Both you and the sponsor must meet set criteria (e.g she can't be on welfare or have a criminal record that is a bar to sponsorship) and you will undergo background/security/criminality and medical checks. Once you apply inland then you eventually get an approval in principle which comes with a work permit so you can work. You may also be eligible for Provincial Health Coverage on the basis of this AIP. As to whether you should apply for PR that is up to you but it seems the best option to take compared to the ongoing hassle of TRV extensions, Work Permit applications and that you state you wish to live in Canada with your spouse.

3. With respect you really need to get your story straight because CIC will evaluate if your relationship is genuine.

Good luck

carmine

Nov 16, 2015
Isis was because of Paris and threats made by them to the us... I was born and raised in USA we were married in USA and have been married sence march. But dated for a few years. We was filling out spousal visa info so almost all paper work is in. I'm just waiting on fbi background check to come in, then I can do medical. Just tryn to figure out which would be better for us. And sorry if I confused u..