+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT .. Vague ONIP Letter of Interest

AFAZY

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Hello all,

I got a message from CIC through my express entry account regarding provincial interest letter. The main part of the message is:

" The Government of Ontario is interested in considering you for nomination under its Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) through Express Entry.

If you want Ontario to consider you for nomination under its PNP you must contact Ontario directly after receiving this letter. Note that this letter of interest is not a guarantee that you will be nominated by Ontario. You will first have to satisfy Ontario that you meet the requirements of their program."

They asked me to contact Ontario directly after receiving this letter, without providing any link or email.
Is the the usual letter of interest that Ontario send?
Am I supposed to email at ontarionominee@ontario.ca mentioning that I'm interested in being nominated ?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks all!!!!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Is the the usual letter of interest that Ontario send?
Yes

Am I supposed to email at ontarionominee@ontario.ca mentioning that I'm interested in being nominated ?
No.

If you're interested, you send your application over ONeKey.

Read the rest of this forum to figure out the rest. OINP is covered very extensively.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
I got the same message today, so I have been researching on Ontario's immigration website and in this forum and this is what I gathered so far, hope it helps:
If you want to accept their offer, you go to ontario's immigration website and create a profile there. They will ask you to upload all the required supporting documents including a copy of that interest letter they sent you.
The problem is, once you create your profile on their website, you only have 14 days to upload everything except police certificate and medicals as that will be requested later. The good news is, you dont have to rush, you can wait up to 6 months from the date they sent you the letter of interest till the time you create your profile.

AFAZY

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
dr feras said:
I got the same message today, so I have been researching on Ontario's immigration website and in this forum and this is what I gathered so far, hope it helps:
If you want to accept their offer, you go to ontario's immigration website and create a profile there. They will ask you to upload all the required supporting documents including a copy of that interest letter they sent you.
The problem is, once you create your profile on their website, you only have 14 days to upload everything except police certificate and medicals as that will be requested later. The good news is, you dont have to rush, you can wait up to 6 months from the date they sent you the letter of interest till the time you create your profile.
Dr Feras, I sent you a personal message to your inbox. Thanks.