+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent. Urgent. Urgent. Is IO accept priority for catastrophic health condition

leedaran

Mar 22, 2009
Dear All,

My father's Refugee application has been approved in 2019 and waiting for coming to Canada. but his sugar level spike and not come down despite taking diabetes medications. his physician in country where they leave advised to rush him abroad for treatment before his second kidney fail. My question is , is Immigration of Canada give priority to issue urgent visa as special case to come to Canada for treatment?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear All,

My father's Refugee application has been approved in 2019 and waiting for coming to Canada. but his sugar level spike and not come down despite taking diabetes medications. his physician in country where they leave advised to rush him abroad for treatment before his second kidney fail. My question is , is Immigration of Canada give priority to issue urgent visa as special case to come to Canada for treatment?
The same diabetes medications available in Canada are available in Pakistan. He needs to work with his doctor to change his insulin dosage, he may need to use a mixture of short and long acting, he also may need to change his diet, etc. This isn’t an emergency medical situation. There is a huge amount of diabetes in Pakistan and most doctors and/or pharmacists can help him get better control over his diabetes. Medications to treat diabetes are readily available. The exact same thing will happen in Canada. He needs to have a food diary to write down what he eats, a record of his sugars using a glucometer before and after his meals and a record of the insulin he takes or other medication like metformin. After a week or more a doctor will be able to make some adjustments and the whole process will start again until his medications have been adjusted to keep his sugars at the right level.