London, UK
NOC Code......
0631 & 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.5 sent with application
Hi all,

London Visa office has requested me to submit updated proof of fund along with other updated documents. Current funds requirement for a single person is $11,115 and I had that much money in my account but LVO put me on hold for long and my country's currency was depreciating and it was not wise to keep cash in home currency for that long. Therefore, I took some money out and bought gold for investment purposes.

Now the issue is that currently I have only around $6000 in my bank statement and the remaining is invested in gold so how do I show it to visa officer that I meet the minimum fund requirement? I have purchase slip of gold.

Please help.

Thank you so much.

ovais

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2011
AOR Received.
PER 16-11-2011
Med's Request
12-12-12
Med's Done....
20-12-12
Passport Req..
PPR1 03-04-13 DM 22-04-13 PPR2 02-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-13
LANDED..........
November 1, 2013
i think gold shud b considered as a liquid asset. one which can be sold n cash realized without any delays so hopefully this will be considered as a genuine proof of fund. but the reciept shud be dated n properly stamped. and try to get a revaluation statement as well for the gold which u have.
do try to get second opinion from the seniors before u declare the POF. best of luck!

canada_future

Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0631 & 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
ovais said:
i think gold shud b considered as a liquid asset. one which can be sold n cash realized without any delays so hopefully this will be considered as a genuine proof of fund. but the reciept shud be dated n properly stamped. and try to get a revaluation statement as well for the gold which u have.
do try to get second opinion from the seniors before u declare the POF. best of luck!

Thank you so much for your reply. Do you have any idea from where I can get it evaluated?

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
PPR1-18th July, PPR2- 17th August
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
17th October 2012 inshAllah
canada_future said:
Thank you so much for your reply. Do you have any idea from where I can get it evaluated?
Gold will not be accepted :( sell out the gold and buy any foreign currency open foreign currency account and show the statement

canada_future

Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0631 & 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
khalid h said:
Gold will not be accepted :( sell out the gold and buy any foreign currency open foreign currency account and show the statement
Have you experienced the same before? They did not accept it?

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
POF should not be used it should be idle till the date your visa is stamped ....

Gold is not accepted you can show your cash via
1. Saving A/c
2. Fixed deposit
3. Current A/c

If they are asking for updated POF then sell the gold and deposit to the A/c with the amount require then ask bank to furnish balance certificate...I hope it will suffice...

Regards, Spartan!

canada_future

Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0631 & 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
spartan300 said:
POF should not be used it should be idle till the date your visa is stamped ....

1. Saving A/c
2. Fixed deposit
3. Current A/c

If they are asking for updated POF then sell the gold and deposit to the A/c with the amount require then ask bank to furnish balance certificate...I hope it will suffice...

Regards, Spartan!
Thank you so much for your reply. Can you please tell me where it is written that POF should not be used because I have tried to search this thing but couldn't find it. And do you think selling gold and then depositing that sum in the bank would create a problem? Because VO might ask why this sum has come in one go.

faisal892

May 11, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2010
Doc's Request.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
April 16, 2013
Med's Done....
May 23, 2013
Gold will not be accepted. I suggest to sell the gold and deposit money in bank. You can write an explanation letter to the IO and explain all facts. I hope it will suffice.

Faisal

canada_future

Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0631 & 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am planning to sell the gold then deposit the money in my bank account and show it to the VO. But there are two problems

1) VO will ask me how money came into my account suddenly?
2) If I show sales receipt of gold then the issue is that in my country no Jewellar uses a proper slip they just mention weight and rate and then total amount and they are all hand written with no stamps.

What should I do now? Please help

Thank you

sunasir

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISD-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 25,2013
spartan300 said:

1. Saving A/c
2. Fixed deposit
3. Current A/c

Regards, Spartan!
Agreed ,rightly said

jedidiah

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
canada_future said:
Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am planning to sell the gold then deposit the money in my bank account and show it to the VO. But there are two problems

1) VO will ask me how money came into my account suddenly?
2) If I show sales receipt of gold then the issue is that in my country no Jewellar uses a proper slip they just mention weight and rate and then total amount and they are all hand written with no stamps.

What should I do now? Please help

Thank you
Hi Mate,

I think I can advise you as I had a situation similar to yours. When I was asked to provide the updated POF, I had invested over 50% of my POF in investment activities. I simply liquidated the investment and sent the proof of investment and proof of liquidation, along with the new bank statement.

I have collected the visa. I hope all goes well for you.

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Canada Future,

I faced this problem twice. just sell the gold. or borrow money. put it in your bank account. take statement and send it with a covering letter explaining that you have invested your money in gold because of high inflation. and send them bank statement.

you will get the next step as i got by the grace of God.

Regards,

canada_future

Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0631 & 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
TooCareless1 said:
Dear Canada Future,

I faced this problem twice. just sell the gold. or borrow money. put it in your bank account. take statement and send it with a covering letter explaining that you have invested your money in gold because of high inflation. and send them bank statement.

you will get the next step as i got by the grace of God.

Regards,
Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply on the thread I have posted. If you don't mind can I have your cell number so that I can call you and talk to you about this situation easily? From where you are in Pakistan? I am from Karachi.
If you don't wanna share your number and want me to ask things I have via personal msg on this forum then I can ask in this way as well.
Thank you so much and best of luck.

SLEO

Jan 15, 2010
Niagara Falls, Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
canada_future said:
Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply on the thread I have posted. If you don't mind can I have your cell number so that I can call you and talk to you about this situation easily? From where you are in Pakistan? I am from Karachi.
If you don't wanna share your number and want me to ask things I have via personal msg on this forum then I can ask in this way as well.
Thank you so much and best of luck.
Hi mate... I am also facing the same problem now a days... today I just got my newborn medical along with POF... almost total of my investment is invested in different activities...

Please provide me your contact number so that we will be in contact... I am from Karachi...