+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*URGENT: Two "contradictory" document requests at the same time, PLS HELP!

Jasonchang

Aug 1, 2010
Hi everyone here's our situation:
Sponsor was away from Canada from 2006- mid 2013, returned to Canada on mid 2013, and started living there since then.
We submitted our application on July 2015, and sponsorship was approved Sept 2015, then we received two document requests from the embassy, they look quite contradictory to me:

> SPR's residency: Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history. Driver’s licences, Property tax assessments, Social Insurance or Health Insurance cards are not sufficient. This must be received at this office by: 2016/02/19

The Second one is:

Sponsor’s intention to return to Canada

Please provide the following documents from your sponsor, as applicable to your case. You may also provide other relevant documentation to support your application.This must be received at this office by: 2016/02/19.

1. Job offer in Canada, if any;

2. Copy of current and previous passport;

3. Settlement of financial matters and assets, if any in Hong Kong or PRC;

4. Removal notice (eg. notice to post office, bank or other institutions etc..)

5. Living arrangements in Canada, if any;

6. Notice of Resignation of Employment, if available;

7. Letter of Release from the Inland Revenue Department of the Hong Kong SAR signifying that all taxes have been paid and that the individual is intending to leave Hong Kong for good; (for HK residents)

Do they look contraditory to you? How can one who is already living in Canada would have the"intention to return to Canada"?

I have already submitted the evidence of living in Canada as requested in the first letter couple weeks ago, such as T4, banking history and pay stubs.
While I understand his concerns in the first letter, but I couldn't provide any documents from the second one(maybe a job offer from 2013, which I have already attached in the application), as I never had those things and am already living in Canada for quite a while. What should I do? Thanks in advance!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Re: *URGENT: Two document requests at the same time, PLS HELP!

The onus is on you to prove you live in Canada even though this may seem silly. There are many people who play the system and just use Canada as their backup plan while living somewhere else. The second letter is more technical, I guess they want you to prove you don't have houses and jobs back in HK.