+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: TRV applied online but no address shown to send passport - confused

cecmar0813

Sep 7, 2013
Hi Guys,

i am on closed WP and my Visa was expired, i have just applied for TRV online as the timeliness short, after submission i thought it will give a message where to send my passport for stamping the visa but there was no message. I am confused now.

Did anyone applied online? how and when did they send their passport? to which address? what else need to be included while sending the passport.?

Please let me know the details. Thank you and appreciate your reply & details.

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cecmar0813 said:
Hi Guys,

i am on closed WP and my Visa was expired, i have just applied for TRV online as the timeliness short, after submission i thought it will give a message where to send my passport for stamping the visa but there was no message. I am confused now.

Did anyone applied online? how and when did they send their passport? to which address? what else need to be included while sending the passport.?

Please let me know the details. Thank you and appreciate your reply & details.
Hi. I sent my TRV application last Aug. 27 and got an email request last Sept. 5 from cic to send my original passport. With the instructions how to.

cecmar0813

Sep 7, 2013
Thank you Bubblesandme.

Just wanted to find- if this is valid question for you - did you also apply for your family? I need to, but it did not show me the TRV application with all the details given online - hence i have dropped my spouse for time being. Do you have any info on the same?

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cecmar0813 said:
Thank you Bubblesandme.

Just wanted to find- if this is valid question for you - did you also apply for your family? I need to, but it did not show me the TRV application with all the details given online - hence i have dropped my spouse for time being. Do you have any info on the same?
I have no dependents right at this time. But I think from what I also read from another forum that online application is only for yourself. So I guess try looking up in the cic website for application on paper. Hope this helps.

CEC-2013

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-13
Med's Request
11-Dec-13
Med's Done....
15-Dec-13
Passport Req..
20-Dec-13
You have apply for your wife by creating another My CIC ID/profile.

You have send your passport along with TRV approval letter to CPP office at Ottawa within 30 days of our approval.

cecmar0813

Sep 7, 2013
Thank You CEC-2013. I just got my notification email to send the passport for visa.
Coming to the spouse, if we have a separate My CIC profile- does it show the right options to apply for TRV? did you do that? I read somewhere in the forum, it's an option to try but i have not tried yet. Let me know your experience if you have tried.

CEC-2013

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-13
Med's Request
11-Dec-13
Med's Done....
15-Dec-13
Passport Req..
20-Dec-13
yes I did, you need answer the same questions again for your wife then you will get the option for applying TRV.

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anybody know how long would it take to receive stamped visa on passport? I sent mine last sept. 5 and until now I am waiting. It's an application online within Canada sent to Ottawa. Thanks.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bubblesandme said:
Does anybody know how long would it take to receive stamped visa on passport? I sent mine last sept. 5 and until now I am waiting. It's an application online within Canada sent to Ottawa. Thanks.
Check sherych post in the below thread.They received his passport on the Sep 9th, and today (Sep 18th) the return envelope tracker got activated.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/waiting-for-passport-please-add-your-case-here-t151428.810.html

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yahoo7 said:
Check sherych post in the below thread.They received his passport on the Sep 9th, and today (Sep 18th) the return envelope tracker got activated.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/waiting-for-passport-please-add-your-case-here-t151428.810.html
I just checked Canada post now, track is on! Finally! :) thanks!

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bubblesandme said:
I just checked Canada post now, track is on! Finally! :) thanks!
Congrats