+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent travel with COPR

Winnielitw

Jan 20, 2019
Hello Guys,

This forum has helped me alot. Thank you all for helping each other out. This is my first time posting here, I need some urgent help clarifying this for me.

I have completed my landing on Oct 28th 2018. I am yet to receive my PR card. I am under the impression it is delayed due to the recent holidays (not sure). However I need to travel this Wednesday to Taiwan. It is a family emergency. I know we are not supposed to travel internationally using COPR.

My plan is to go by Bus to Seattle (I live in Vancouver) and travel from there to Taiwan and then return back to Seattle and take a bus back to Vancouver. From what I am told, Passport and COPR is all I need if Im entering Vancouver by road. I hold a Taiwanese passport which is a visa exempt country in Canada/USA.

I have postpone the travel as much as I could. This time I need to travel back home to take care of certain things.

Please advice. What are my other options? How can I improve this so my return to Vancouver does not get complicated. What are some obstacles that I may face so I can be prepared? Please help. Thank you,

Winnielitw

Jan 20, 2019
Others can comment as well but your plan is fine upto the point where you intend to travel back into Canada by bus which is not an option as per below link. Nothing to say you could not make it to the border and cross on foot though. Other than that by car but not by bus given the COPR would not be enough for the bus company to allow through travel.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10
Thanks for your reply Bs65.

Is it also normal that my processing time has crossed 80 days? While the website says processing days are 51 days.