+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT TRAVEL TO CANADA, PLEASE HELP

STAmisha

Apr 26, 2006
USA
I'm on H1-B in Atlanta, USA and also a Canadian PR. I applied for 140 and 485 for my USA green card recently. I have got my Advanced Parole and EAD.My company based in Atlanta has got a new project in Toronto, CANADA. I need to travel to Toronto, Canada from Atlanta every week

1)Can I travel everyweek (MON - THU) to Toronto and back? My H1 visa is expired (but h1 status is valid till 08).I can either use automatic revalidation or Advance parole to enter back to USA.

2)Will immigration autorities (either in USA or Canada) give me trouble because I travel so frequently abroad and that I have PR of Canada and applied for green card in USA?

3)If I use Advance parole, will my non-immigrant status (H1) gets cancelled automatically? ie I revert to EAD automatically?

4)Will the days I spend in Canada is counted towards maintaining Canadian PR (and eventual Canadian Citizen)

5)How is the queue for immigration entering into USA (I guess immigration INTO USA is performed in Toronto airport as against US Port of Entry)