+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent travel question

joekao222

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Hi all,

Has anyone traveled recently into Canada? I just got my authorization letter this morning and will be booking my flight today. I will be transferring at Toronto to go to Manitoba where my spouse is working. Are there any issues with transfers at the moment? I know I am required to quarantine for 14 days, but that will be at my final destination in Manitoba right or would they force me to quarantine at Toronto.

one541

Nov 25, 2020
Hi joekao222,

I am planning to apply for a visitor visa, so I can go and meet my husband. According to CIC, they say to just apply online for a visitor visa and state that I have an excemption. I just wanted to know if you applied recently and if they asked for things like biometric and how long the process took?

joekao222

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Hi joekao222,

I am planning to apply for a visitor visa, so I can go and meet my husband. According to CIC, they say to just apply online for a visitor visa and state that I have an excemption. I just wanted to know if you applied recently and if they asked for things like biometric and how long the process took?
Hi, I'm not sure in your case. I'm from a country that requires the eTA so that was approved very quickly. It was the authorization letter that took a long time, around 45 days.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi joekao222,

You need a visitor visa and then written authorization to travel unless your husband is a PR or citizen. Biometrics are mandatory. Processing depends where you live.