+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT:Swapped first name and Surname in the flight ticket

Thanu_2525

Jul 15, 2014
I have booked my ticket to thunder bay through Frankfurt and Toronto, but my agent mistakenly swapped my first name and last name... I called air canada, Toronto office and they told me that they couldn't change it and I have to cancel and re-book it.. But it is damn expensive now and more over they will deduct my cancellation fee too. Can anyone help me with any other solution?

Did anybody faced the same problem before? ??? ???

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Thanu_2525 said:
I have booked my ticket to thunder bay through Frankfurt and Toronto, but my agent mistakenly swapped my first name and last name... I called air canada, Toronto office and they told me that they couldn't change it and I have to cancel and re-book it.. But it is damn expensive now and more over they will deduct my cancellation fee too. Can anyone help me with any other solution?

Did anybody faced the same problem before? ??? ???
Your agent made the mistake, get him or her to fix it.

Thanu_2525

Jul 15, 2014
But, Air canada rules shoudl be same for both the passengers and Agents right ?? He told me he is trying. but no other updates.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Thanu_2525 said:
But, Air canada rules shoudl be same for both the passengers and Agents right ?? He told me he is trying. but no other updates.
Yes, but it is his/her problem to fix. If the ticket has to be cancelled and re-booked, then s/he should be paying any extra costs.

vengaty

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/14
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
02/09/14
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10/09/14
VISA ISSUED...
soon by gods will
LANDED..........
soon by gods will
PMM said:
Hi

Yes, but it is his/her problem to fix. If the ticket has to be cancelled and re-booked, then s/he should be paying any extra costs.
PMM you are awesome dude :)