+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent !!! Supervisa insurance

pharmacistgju

Apr 20, 2008
Hi guys,

My parents are on Supervisa and it's been 1 year they r in canada. So now I have to renew their insurance and I was wondering if I can get medical insurance for travelling abroad from my home country as it's cheaper there. for about 6 months as they r planning to go back after 6 months. I understand supervisa is the requirement when u enter canada but as they r already here and 1 year on supervisa has already passed so now should It be a problem if i get insurance from my home country this time?
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi guys,

My parents are on Supervisa and it's been 1 year they r in canada. So now I have to renew their insurance and I was wondering if I can get medical insurance for travelling abroad from my home country as it's cheaper there. for about 6 months as they r planning to go back after 6 months. I understand supervisa is the requirement when u enter canada but as they r already here and 1 year on supervisa has already passed so now should It be a problem if i get insurance from my home country this time?
Thanks

1. No, insurance for a Supervisa must be from a Canadian company.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The main requirement of a supervisa is having supervisa insurance. If you feel like the insurance is too expensive your parents have the option of returning home earlier.

vdhanju1

Mar 10, 2017
Its almost impossible to get a claim reimbursed by overseas insurance companies. Better get insurance from Canadian company & either increase the deductible or decrease the amount to make it cost effective.