Citizenship
App. Filed.......
10-04-2021
Hello This is for my brother

His profile is as follows.

10th : 84%
12th: 75% ( but only 46 in maths )
IELTS: 7

He will be completing his 3 years BBE ( bachelors in business Economics Degree ) from Delhi University in March 2013 with hardly 50% average.

He applied to University of Alberta and Grant Macewan ( SPP college ) and got offer letter from both.
For BA Economics ( Bachelors in Arts in Economics)

Now doubt is should he show the last 3 years he did in India or show it on his visa profile. Because he is doing the same degree i.e. bachelors in economics again in Canada. So will showing his previous 3 years degree in Canada hurt his chances or help him.
If he has to hide them how to show the missing 3 years. Also if he choses grant macewan gap of more than 1 year aint recommended.

Enfield and others please help. A bit urgent.

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I personally believe if it is the same program and the same level of study, it will bring down the chance of getting visa. Because the visa officer may thought why do the same program same level and unfortunately not good in the program! So what is the point?

I do not feel I'm in the right place to advice you to conceal or not from the visa officer. I would just suggest you to apply for the next level of studies not the same level. Moreover, do not go for something which is not related to the current degree!

Hope It helps a bit.
Best of luck

Jacob

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
it just my opinion after going thru above mentioned profile , you can make up your own mind

1. he should apply on the basis of his inter.12 grade qualification.....his overall percentage is pretty good scoring bad marks in one subject does not make one an inferior student by all means.

2. Go for university.

3. Education gap after 12 grade......you need to give explanation on study plan why there was a gap
if he was ill...provide doctor reports as hard proof...working ...show work exp letter..as hard proof etc
explain it in details on the sop
and hope for the best

samsam809

Feb 11, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
10-04-2021
That is exactly my question. Admission into university will be on basis of 12th marks but for VISA should he show or hide his BBE degree he did in the meantime. The only problem showing it is his marks arent great in his Degree plus He is doing bachelors again though his previous degree was 3 years and BA in canada is 4 years.but both related to economics.

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
Everything is crystal clear in your brother's case.

Doing same degree from Canada at a high expense is not just a total wastage of money but also precious time unless or until if he wants to settle down there permanently which a visa officer can easily detect it.

yes, he needs to hide his bachelors degree done in India. On the other hand, there will be a gap of 3 years or so i.. he can cover it up by either showing a work exp letter or making medical reports if he was ill etc

yes....unfortunately, you will have to go to this route since your brother has a weak case academically and may be refused of a study permit based on that.

It is all about hard evidence in the end....there is no truth or lie in reality....the way you present your case that;s what it matters in the end...

That's my opinion. If I were you, that's how I'd do that. Still, he can be refused on other factors such as home ties or some other reasons....if luck does not favor him....but in order to make my case a bit more presentable...I'd definitely apply for visa on the basis of 12 grade qualification.

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rockers2012 said:
Everything is crystal clear in your brother's case.

Doing same degree from Canada at a high expense is not just a total wastage of money but also precious time unless or until if he wants to settle down there permanently which a visa officer can easily detect it.

I'm agree till here :D

for the following I'm not sure and it is all up to you and under your concern
yes, he needs to hide his bachelors degree done in India. On the other hand, there will be a gap of 3 years or so i.. he can cover it up by either showing a work exp letter or making medical reports if he was ill etc

yes....unfortunately, you will have to go to this route since your brother has a weak case academically and may be refused of a study permit based on that.

It is all about hard evidence in the end....there is no truth or lie in reality....the way you present your case that;s what it matters in the end...

That's my opinion. If I were you, that's how I'd do that. Still, he can be refused on other factors such as home ties or some other reasons....if luck does not favor him....but in order to make my case a bit more presentable...I'd definitely apply for visa on the basis of 12 grade qualification.
best of luck
Jacob

codxxa

Jun 10, 2012
Hi my advice to u is don't lie to Vo because if you are caught you will never ever get a canada visa. My advice is forget about this current acceptance letter and apply for a higher course than he did befor that way you improv your chances. If you Lie or intentionally give wrong information and you are caught you will be in big trouble. Thats my opinion

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
He already knows all of that ...since he talked about hiding stuff in his original post.

It is not like I talked about something totally different.

His case is weak unless or until if he is going for masters...

Good luck with his decision processing...

yes, if he gets caught lying or doesnt back up his story with hard eveidence a permanent ban will be in order.......in the end final choice is upto him

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
codxxa said:
Hi my advice to u is don't lie to Vo because if you are caught you will never ever get a canada visa. My advice is forget about this current acceptance letter and apply for a higher course than he did befor that way you improv your chances. If you Lie or intentionally give wrong information and you are caught you will be in big trouble. Thats my opinion
Agreeeeeeeeeed . NEVER LIE

samsam809

Feb 11, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
10-04-2021
@ HBK and others

he will definitely chosing A 4 years BA degree program. He cannot apply for masters as he doesnot have a 4 years bachelors as BA in India is 3 years only. So bachelors degree again is his only choice.

Thing is thr is no harm showing it as he is going for a 4 years degree over his previous 3 years degree also his earlier BBE degree is also related to economics so no mismatch. Only issue is his 12th marks are 75% which are good but his BBE degree marks arent quite great.

So how to go about it.