+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent suggestions needed: Changing job while the PR is in process.

harshilsm

Star Member
Aug 30, 2016
Hello Folks,

I have a question, thought this forum might be able to help me with it.

The primary applicant is my wife here. And we have already applied for PR after receiving the ITA. Still the file is in process. No DM or PPR yet.

Now, the situation is that my wife is currently working for a MNC(as a team lead). Unfortunately, the team is going to get dissolve. Every one of them is getting laid off including my wife(though there are high chances of her getting retained and get promoted). Since the file is still with CIC or in progress with the immigration dept, can she apply for another job(if in case she is not retained)? Would Getting a new job will hamper the PR application?
My immigration consultant is saying the you cannot change the job when your file is in progress or when immigration dept is working on it. So i am in dilemma what she can do? Can she change her job? What if the new job has different roles and responsibilities? Or what if she gets another job with a promotion?
And if job change is allowed, how do we let the CIC know about the change? Via the CSE form? And will it delay the process further because we are 2015 dec applicants.

SMani

Aug 17, 2014
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th 2016
IELTS Request
Band - 7
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
Hello Folks,

I have a question, thought this forum might be able to help me with it.

The primary applicant is my wife here. And we have already applied for PR after receiving the ITA. Still the file is in process. No DM or PPR yet.

Now, the situation is that my wife is currently working for a MNC(as a team lead). Unfortunately, the team is going to get dissolve. Every one of them is getting laid off including my wife(though there are high chances of her getting retained and get promoted). Since the file is still with CIC or in progress with the immigration dept, can she apply for another job(if in case she is not retained)? Would Getting a new job will hamper the PR application?
My immigration consultant is saying the you cannot change the job when your file is in progress or when immigration dept is working on it. So i am in dilemma what she can do? Can she change her job? What if the new job has different roles and responsibilities? Or what if she gets another job with a promotion?
And if job change is allowed, how do we let the CIC know about the change? Via the CSE form? And will it delay the process further because we are 2015 dec applicants.
Losing job is no big deal.. You will not face any issues..

If what you have already provided is authentic information you dont need
to sweat... your application will be processed based on the info already provided,,

Reactions: harshilsm