+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent suggestion guys... Plzz

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Hi guys,
I have completed my days in Canada but my wife and child have 3 more months to go... I was the main applicant in the immigration and they were dependants... my wife has been a home maker (and hasn't worked in Canada) and child is a minor. Do you think it would be good for me to apply right away or wait for send the entire application later?
Plz let me know.

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
Your children (if minor ) actually does not require 1095 days.

So you and your children can apply.

Later on you can file for your wife once her requirement is over.

I think you should apply after 1095 + around 20-25 days, if you are sure your count is good.

canadp

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
canadp said:
Your children (if minor ) actually does not require 1095 days.

So you and your children can apply.

Later on you can file for your wife once her requirement is over.

I think you should apply after 1095 + around 20-25 days, if you are sure your count is good.

canadp
Thanks Canadap.
But just wondering since my wife is a home maker and doesn't have any salary slips etc, will it increase her chances of getting RQ. Or may be I can keep my copy of IT returns when I file her application?

Also when I send my application do I need to mention them that I am applying individually as I had got them with me as dependents when I came to the country or that is okay?

Seira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
I guess the principal applicant and the dependents can apply individually. You can apply with your child or you can apply individually and your child can apply with your wife.

But I see that you want to send your application individually to reduce RQ chances... so if you are not sending your child's application with you.... only thing I am not sure is if it is fine. Because you will be naming your dependent's name, school details etc in the application and if your child's application won't be sent along with your application, I am not sure if that is fine.

May be experienced guys can tell their views.

lenovo

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
From an optics point of view, I think it looks better if the whole family applies at the same time.

I know of a friend whose entire family applied together and got their citizenship in 12 month period. It was very short!

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
It does not matter if your wife is homemaker as long as she lived with your all the times.

You can show her driving license, health card, bank account information. on rental agreement her sign would be there ( if not get one ).

There would be hundred's of cases where wife is homemaker and not working women, so do not worry.

RQ chances are only in case for you, if she travelled a lot outside canada. if there are few visits and you have proper IN and OUT dates, you are good.

NOTE: now a days RQ can come to anyone regardless of how strong your case is. So even if it comes all your documents will work for your wife as long as you are married couple.

*** I saw one case where 1 guy was canadian citizen, but he was living with his partner as common-law-partner relationship and she got RQ ***

canadp

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
I have the same problem exactly.

According to experts her (like Leon): most of them suggest to submit your application with your children and when your wife complete her residency requirement she will apply alone. this will be good because if you or your wife get RQ so the rest of family will not wait to get the citizenship.

Some others suggest that the family application will be stronger and may reduce RQ especially for your wife.

My suggestion is apply now with your children and when your wife complete her residency requirement she will apply and add a letter explain the children applied with you and write the file number if you receive it by this time.

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Thanks canadap, lenovo, seira, traveldream.

I have one more question. Is it possible for me to apply alone and to send my wife and child's application together?
I am wondering if this okay as I will be mentioning the kid's school details in one of the questions in the application.
If it is possible for me to send only my application, do I need to mention it in the cover letter or it is not required to mention it?

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
Felixo said:
Thanks canadap, lenovo, seira, traveldream.

I have one more question. Is it possible for me to apply alone and to send my wife and child's application together?
I am wondering if this okay as I will be mentioning the kid's school details in one of the questions in the application.
If it is possible for me to send only my application, do I need to mention it in the cover letter or it is not required to mention it?
what is your point to include your children with your wife's application file?

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Travel Dream said:
what is your point to include your children with your wife's application file?
This is because my children's travel history matches with wife's travel as they had gone out of Canada with her for 2 month vacation.

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
Felixo said:
This is because my children's travel history matches with wife's travel as they had gone out of Canada with her for 2 month vacation.
I got your point . SO what you will do because I have exact situation

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
it does not matter if your travel history match with your family members as far as you can prove it.

what I did in online residence calculator, in every trip, I have mentioned whether I was with my whole family, or with my son, or with my wife only ( just to be specific )

I will suggest that you include children with your application, rather than your spouse.

That's my choice and I feel better that way.

Thanks

canadp