+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent study permit denial answer from Nigeria

bolade

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Hello,

I applied for a study permit in canadian visa office in accra Ghana from Nigeria but I was denied due to:

1. I don't have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

2. I don't have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in canada, to maintain yourself and any family member who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

But I paid the tuition for 1 semester and my father wrote a letter as my sponsor for the academic year with a minimum of 3million Nigeria naira in his bank account.

But now am planning to re-apply with a maximum of 5million Nigeria naira in my fathers account.

3. Would this amount of money be enough for the visa office to grant me visa?

4. The date to resume on the admission letter to the university is 28th of august2014, but my first application was denied before that date.

Can I stiil use the same application letter to apply in september2014 after the resumption date or I would need another admission letter from the school? and have email the school to defer my admission to January 2015 and they have done that

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It sounds to me like CIC may be concerned about the source of the funds. When you reapply, I would include proof these funds are actually your father's. For example: 6 months of bank statements showing the balance, pay slips or something similar showing where the money came from, etc.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

scylla said:
It sounds to me like CIC may be concerned about the source of the funds. When you reapply, I would include proof these funds are actually your father's. For example: 6 months of bank statements showing the balance, pay slips or something similar showing where the money came from, etc.
1. Considering 3M Naira is only about 20K Canadian, not sufficient for first year tuition and $10K living expenses and the $3K travel expenses.

yelyell

Jul 31, 2014
My first rejection was on the same thing. #financial reasons
Friend when did you applied? Cos I reapplied on the 10th july and still waiting for decision. How long did your processing take?

Nas man

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bolade said:
Hello,

I applied for a study permit in canadian visa office in accra Ghana from Nigeria but I was denied due to:

1. I don't have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

2. I don't have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in canada, to maintain yourself and any family member who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

But I paid the tuition for 1 semester and my father wrote a letter as my sponsor for the academic year with a minimum of 3million Nigeria naira in his bank account.

But now am planning to re-apply with a maximum of 5million Nigeria naira in my fathers account.

3. Would this amount of money be enough for the visa office to grant me visa?

4. The date to resume on the admission letter to the university is 28th of august2014, but my first application was denied before that date.

Can I stiil use the same application letter to apply in september2014 after the resumption date or I would need another admission letter from the school? and have email the school to defer my admission to January 2015 and they have done that

Considering your case, this is my view and suggestion

It would be good if you give a complete detail of your status - details of course intended to study, length in years, amount of tuition fee.

1. Regarding this it would be good you have 10K + 3K Canadian dollars like the post earlier mentioned ( yearly maintenance and travel expenses) this must be added to the total money you're been charged for total cost of your course. And personally exceed this if you can

2. Since you have paid the said first year, my advice is for your Dad to put the money in your account ( the total money including d one discussed in 1) and he can write a letter supporting you and other document ( his financial status, work, tax payment, land or anything he has to support you). Note it must be all oo, make sure they are document you can provide evidences too. Mind you the money must be in your account for certain number of months before you print the account statement.

3. Certainly you can't meet this Sept 2014 again, my advice is for you to reapply with another admission letter ( bcos the one you have now is 2014 September) you need to get the one for Winter 2015 or Spring 2015 or Autumn 2015 depending on the next intake for your course. Using same admission you have now will not fly

All da very best

bolade

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Re: urgent study permit denial answer plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

1. Plese how much canadian dollar does my father need to have in his account now to be able to re-apply for my study permit, because he his the sponsor?

2. And does that certain amount of money has to be in his account for a particular period of time before re-applying?

Because he has a property he rented out were his source of fund comes from.

satyan1990

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Pay 1st sem tuition
pay gic 10100 cad (imp)

your dad itr 3 years
Affidavit of support
support letter from you dad
6 months bank statement
3 month pay slip

have to show savings acc. with sufficient amount for ur study, stay and travel expense.
or
Educational loan covering all your expense

This was told by my consultant.

correct me if am wrong..

bolade

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
What does the itr and the 3month payslip mean?

Have paid for my first semester tuition

satyan1990

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Itr - income tax return - your dad must have filed every year

If you dad is monthly salaried then you can show last 3 months payslip.

EAGLE101

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Nomination.....
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
15-12-2014
Dear Bolade,

I will advise that you dont try to apply again for the september window, since you now have admission for January 2015, then try to increase the funds,

I know someone that was rejected for the same reason and she showed a statement of about 11m in the sponsors account, she applied with her 2 children.

Because of there is no time now, i will advise you get all the funds you can get in, for example your dad can transfer money to your account, then you can go and fix it at the bank in your name for 6 months, so you can now have a fixed deposit certificate in your name. you can liquidate it after 6weeks that your visa has been issued.

Also please note that if you are going with your family, the VO is usually very skeptical that you wont probably return and it makes them feel you dont have any social or economic tie to nigeria.

you should ensure you have about 10,000CAD each extra for each of you planning to travel, so for example 10,000 for you and 10000 CAD for your wife and 5000CAD each for the children outside the school fees.

You can PM for more options

Dhighway

Jul 24, 2015
I was refused study visa to Canada
The things highlighted by the embassy were:
Travel history
My ties in Canada and in country of residence.
Purpose of vist (Applied for study visa, had admission and had paid half of the fees).
Current employment situation.
Personal assets and financial status.
The visa officer states, I did not satisfy him that would leave Canada at the end of my stay due to these reasons.

Please what can I do to rectify this because I plan to reapply Soon

camani

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ibrobaba said:
i went to the embassy in Lagos, Nigeria. No medicals, just biometrics.
you should have submit upfront medical. cic lagos took longer and some offices ..

lagos, pretoria and few others.

and ufront medicals shorten the processing time .. even cic mention it on their website , its advisable to do it to avoid delay.

but anyway its ok you wait for the request