+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Stuck in home country with work permit.

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
Urgent
Please I need help I want to travel to Canada my work permit is expiring soon.
How can I travel due to ban for internationsl travelling?
Thanks

Scorpion80

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
PleAse look cic website it clearly mentions everything .. You will be fairly treated later , the website also mentions few email address in case of some emergency please look if you falls in that category

B_Liu

Mar 31, 2017
Urgent
Please I need help I want to travel to Canada my work permit is expiring soon.
How can I travel due to ban for internationsl travelling?
Thanks
I have the same situation and just a few questions that are not clear:

1. is the border restriction immediately effected after the PM's speech? The news says "will be".
2. are they going to give any exceptions to temporary residences who are holding worker permits and working for a Canadian firm?
3. Is there any other ways to send our concerns?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I have the same situation and just a few questions that are not clear:

1. is the border restriction immediately effected after the PM's speech? The news says "will be".
2. are they going to give any exceptions to temporary residences who are holding worker permits and working for a Canadian firm?
3. Is there any other ways to send our concerns?

1 Goes into effect March 19 at 12:00 PM
2. No exceptions.
3. I’m sure the website has contact information for enquires.

Imran Humayun

Sep 2, 2016
Same situation. having Canadian Open Work Permit was visiting UK and heard the news yesterday. Couldn't get any flight to come back. What to do any updates ?? if not yet when it will be possible for work permit holders to return back to Canada?> too much tension
I couldn't find anything at CIC website

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Same situation. having Canadian Open Work Permit was visiting UK and heard the news yesterday. Couldn't get any flight to come back. What to do any updates ?? if not yet when it will be possible for work permit holders to return back to Canada?> too much tension
You will have to wait until you can get a flight.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Restriction unless a citizen or PR in link below. Guess is that could be some months until relaxed nobody of course knows add to which airlines will take some time to reset schedules assuming they have not laid everyone off In the meantime .

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2020/03/new-measures-for-covid-19-response.html

No alternative via the US either as that border about to be closed except for trade or essential travel.

Last edited:

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
Have you traveled canada after then ?
My pgwp got expored could not travel no flights available on that time.
Please kindly suggest me what can I do ?
Thanks

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks
You cannot extend your PGWP.

If you want to travel to Canada as a visitor / tourist, then you will need to apply for a TRV. Right now tourists are not able to travel to Canada so I would recommend that you hold off applying until travel restrictions have lifted.

If you want to work in Canada, you will need to secure a job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer will need to get an approved LMIA so that you can qualify for a closed work permit.