+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent:Statutory Questions

av

Jan 21, 2015
Guys,

What is difference between below two statutory questions

1. Has<applicant> been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has <applicant> ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

if someone has been refused a visa (which was later granted after two months), what should be answer to both questions

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
av said:
Guys,

1. Has<applicant> been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has <applicant> ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

if someone has been refused a visa (which was later granted after two months), what should be answer to both questions

Thanks
The first one talks specifically about refugee status, PR visa and a provincial nomination. However. The second one specifically covers all visa types, denial of entry at any port or deportation from any country as well.

So, if the visa rejection that you are referring is a PR visa, then answer Yes to both. If is any other visa, answer No to the first and Yes to the second one and explain in LOE.

av

Jan 21, 2015
Stanlee said:
The first one talks specifically about refugee status, PR visa and a provincial nomination. However. The second one specifically covers all visa types, denial of entry at any port or deportation from any country as well.

So, if the visa rejection that you are referring is a PR visa, then answer Yes to both. If is any other visa, answer No to the first and Yes to the second one and explain in LOE.
thanks a lot

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
There are two scenarios:

Scenario 1: your visa got refused:-in this case, it will be yes to both questions as both questions is asking about visa refusal

Scenario 2: your visa did not get refused. But you were deported or refused entry just like it's happening in USA:- in this case your first question would be NO because neither visit nor temp resident visa denied. But you were denied entry therefore second question would be yes.

Check Asivad Anac's answer in this link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/regarding-statutory-questions-asivad-anac-t328394.0.html

Note: please verify this from as many sources as possible. Feel free to call CIC if you want as I answered these incorrectly and now I fear misrepresentation.....

av said:
Guys,

Thanks

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Stanlee said:

This got me confused and I made the mistake myself: ending of this question also states visit visa or TRV????

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I had a work visa refused but just copied the same answer for both.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
kryt0n said:
I did exactly what kryt0n wrote. Yes for both and my case was the same too.

traveler982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a doubt for this questions.

Namely I have been rejected from AINP, should I answer yes to the first question?

But I have never been rejected for any kind of visa or boreder entry. What should I answer in the second question?

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
traveler982 said:
I have a doubt for this questions.

Namely I have been rejected from AINP, should I answer yes to the first question?

But I have never been rejected for any kind of visa or boreder entry. What should I answer in the second question?

If you have never been refused Visa for ANY country in the world, never told to leave any country or denied entry (means refused entry at Airport), then it's a NO in my opinion but plz check with someone more experienced or may be call CIC

traveler982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Itsmee said:
If you have never been refused Visa for ANY country in the world, never told to leave any country or denied entry (means refused entry at Airport), then it's a NO in my opinion but plz check with someone more experienced or may be call CIC

Thank you for your time.
But for the first question yes, right?

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
traveler982 said:
Thank you for your time.
But for the first question yes, right?
AINP falls under this part of the question "application to the Provincial nominee Program" therefore YES. I recommend including LOE with the reason for refusal

However, just want to make sure you never got visa refusal from anywhere including USA.....u don't have to reply. Just making sure I conveyed it correctly.

pkumar47

Apr 30, 2018
Hi @kryt0n
Need your advice. I had a US L1B rejection last year. Should I fill 'Yes' to both the below questions ?

Also, do I need to attach any Schedule A form while filling the eAPR application ?

Thanks in advance !

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @kryt0n
Need your advice. I had a US L1B rejection last year. Should I fill 'Yes' to both the below questions ?

Also, do I need to attach any Schedule A form while filling the eAPR application ?

Thanks in advance !
kryt0n no longer posts in the forum.

Uploading the Schedule A upfront is not mandatory but it does help avoid an additional document request during the processing of your application.

pkumar47

Apr 30, 2018
kryt0n no longer posts in the forum.

Uploading the Schedule A upfront is not mandatory but it does help avoid an additional document request during the processing of your application.
Thanks @DelPiero07 ! So I assume the answer to my first question is that I should fill ' YES' to both questions and provide reason of refusal in the text box provided. Correct ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @DelPiero07 ! So I assume the answer to my first question is that I should fill ' YES' to both questions and provide reason of refusal in the text box provided. Correct ?
No. I am not providing advice is regards to that as I'm not familiar with that L1B you're talking about.