+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent::::Spouse and Daughter Passport Is Expired

gulshan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2010
Hello all experts,

we as family ( me, wife and daughter) are applying for citizenship January 2020 after completed 1095 days. But my wife and daughter passport of back home /origin country have already been expired in Dec 2019. so now they don't have any valid passport or travel document of back home or origin of country.

If they submit expired passport with their application then will be there issue in their application?

If I go for renewal then it takes time to get it. so I donot want to waste our time.

please guide me regarding expired passports.

regards

Please

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello all experts,

we as family ( me, wife and daughter) are applying for citizenship January 2020 after completed 1095 days. But my wife and daughter passport of back home /origin country have already been expired in Dec 2019. so now they don't have any valid passport or travel document of back home or origin of country.

If they submit expired passport with their application then will be there issue in their application?

If I go for renewal then it takes time to get it. so I donot want to waste our time.

regards

Please
As far as I am aware, their passports do not need to be valid (non-expired) in order to apply for citizenship.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step3

Step 3 – Gather your documents
Submit the following documents with your application:

• the original printout of your Online Physical Presence Calculation or form CIT 0407 (PDF, 1.98 MB)
  • photocopies of biographical pages of all valid and expired passports or travel documents you had in the past 5 years. The biographical page means the page where it has your name, photo, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.
    • If you do not have these documents or there is missing time between the validity dates of the travel documents, provide an explanation in question 14 on the application form.

Ajkenniek

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Calgary
Med's Request
May 27,2017
Med's Done....
June 3,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Student Visa in 2011 for Postgraduate at Niagara Ontario
LANDED..........
June 29, 2017
Hello all experts,

regards

Please
Hello all experts,

regards

Please
My passport expired since November 2018 and I applied for grant of citizenship in July 2019 now I am at the final stage just waiting for oath ceremony. When you are filling your application form CIT 0002( 06-2019)E explain inside the form that all your passport already expired ( I think there is a space for that)and also the citizenship officer will ask you during your interview/ test before your oath ceremony that why you didn’t renew it then you will have to tell them the same thing you filled inside the form for example you are busy working that you don’t have time to renew it and also may be since you are getting your citizenship soon there is no need renewing it for now.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
My youngest daughter who was 10 at the time, had an expired Indian passport which we did not renew. there is space on the form to mention that. We did not have any problem for her expired passport.
The reason we gave was “did not need to travel outside Canada, hence there was no need to renew Indian passport.”

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Please any other one to share his opinion for my post.
Expired home country passport is not a problem when applying for Canadian citizenship. Many "use" expired home country passport without problem. Common reason people give is HAVE NO TRAVEL PLANS. @zardoz gave the official outline on this.