+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT:Spousal OWP rejection chances from inside canada.

dsan_01

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
What are the rejection chances of spousal OWP application if my spouse apply from inside canada? I m student of MEngg in concordia university. I have never heard of rejections of such applications but still wanted to confirm with u guys.The reason I am asking this is because my spouse will be resigning from his job in India and accompany me on visitor visa .

Thanks.

dsan_01

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Please respond experts. My spouse have to take the decision of resigning tomorrow. His profile is good and have all the genuine documents.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
dsan_01 said:
What are the rejection chances of spousal OWP application if my spouse apply from inside canada? I m student of MEngg in concordia university. I have never heard of rejections of such applications but still wanted to confirm with u guys.The reason I am asking this is because my spouse will be resigning from his job in India and accompany me on visitor visa .

Thanks.
chances of visitors visa rejection r high as in all spousal cases ......once spouse is in canada OWP wont be rejected unless u dont attach the right documents....

dsan_01

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
We have visitor visas already. So as per your experience unless we do something wrong with documents, no chance or refusal. Thanks Mead for this encouraging response. More than us, its the parents that gets worried even if there 5% chances of refusal :).

Is it necessary to resign (basically to get last relieving/experience letter) before applying for OWP from inside Canada
Or
there is no requirement for submitting any previous experience letters.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
dsan_01 said:
We have visitor visas already. So as per your experience unless we do something wrong with documents, no chance or refusal. Thanks Mead for this encouraging response. More than us, its the parents that gets worried even if there 5% chances of refusal :).

Is it necessary to resign (basically to get last relieving/experience letter) before applying for OWP from inside Canada
Or
there is no requirement for submitting any previous experience letters.
no requirement for submitting experience letter....however if u havent attached copies of educational documents(provided they have decent grade) or marriage cert add those document once inside canada...also u will need scanned copies of ur study permit , visa , college acceptance letter etc....

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi dsan_01

I applied for my wife's OWP from inside Canada, actually from P.E. Trudeau airport once I touched down in Montreal. The immigration officer who was preparing my student visa asked me if I want the OWP for my wife. Didn't need any extra documentation and got the permit once I paid the fees. So as mead said, they only kind of rejection that might happen if you provide the wrong documentation required.

dsan_01

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Thanks for the encouraging post Doda.
As far as I know its only possible for people who does not need visa to enter Canada. I am from India so my assumption is that my spouse cannot ask for OWP at the port of entry.

Please confirm.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi dsan_01,

I'm from Egypt, and like you, I needed a TRV to come to Canada. My wife and I were coming to Canada together. She only held a TRV, and as I was finishing producing the Student Permit, I asked about the procedures to produce an OWP for my wife. The officer immediately told me that he can produce it now if I'm willing to pay the fees. I said yes, and it was done in 10 mins.

dsan_01

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
You are lucky I would say. Can you please let me know which university you joined and when this OWP thing happened. In my case, if my husband can get the OWP on the airport, it will reduce lot of our headache.
I am coming to Montreal in May 1st week to join MEng in Software Engg in Concordia.
I hope sharing true thoughts with the Immigration officer (like my husband is here for OWP with the visitor visa ) would not land us into trouble. I applied for my study permit only and also on my CAQ there is no mention of dependents. My husband and kid are already having TRV because we frequently visit to my brother-in-law.

vkshah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014