+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!!! Sask PNP PR holders will be expelled if moving out of province?

JustInTime99

Jan 8, 2015
Hi all,

I've recently heard from a friend that there were a handful of PR holders got expelled from Canada after Sask gov found out they moved to different provinces. According to his info, they were sent a letter stating that they have to pack up and ready to go back home within a specific amount of time. This totally made me feel awful about the fact that my family mdmber who used to live in Regina now has to fly back there Asap. I always thought having a PR status allows the holder to relocate to any places they want as long as it's within Canada. The reason why my family member decided to move to a different province was because she couldn't find a job to survive. I really hope someone can give me some insights into this alleged 'rumor'. Thanks.

min2_always

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Hi so sad to heard it. But if you had sign any
Papers when you land here.then they do this.
Otherwise you have show them your intention about
You will stay in same province were you been nominated
For couple of months and if you don't get any opportunity
In the province you have inform them that you unable to get
A job. Rest of the thing they will tell you what to do.
You cannot simply leave the province without any attempt to
Settle down.

JustInTime99

Jan 8, 2015
Thanks for your input. I don't know much about any signed documents submitted during the application process. So Please confirm this. I also heard once the province nominates you, there's a paper to sign saying your intention to stay in that province at least 2 years otherwise they will do what you said. Is this true?

min2_always

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Since a lots of people does it the same thing
Now they are asking to peoples when they are landing
And sign a paper like a commitment by a person who is landing.
If you sign a paper that saying you will stay in the province
Thn you have to stay according to your commitment.
Make sure if they proof in written commitment thn they can
Do whatever the proof saying their hand in written.
I am not a lawyer but my sense said if you do something wrong
Or by mistake make sure dont leave any proof behind that.
Thats what i learned from here.

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
U have heard from friend ... Did u see it happening ? I have many friends in Sask n this is not the case so please if you have seen or read on official website then post otherwise Dont post that I heard

JustInTime99

Jan 8, 2015
taurus1985 said:
U have heard from friend ... Did u see it happening ? I have many friends in Sask n this is not the case so please if you have seen or read on official website then post otherwise Dont post that I heard
Because my friend's cousin got her PR revoked after Sask gov was alerted by an English centre called Open door or something that they couldn't get hold of her multiple times regarding her registration. Turned out she relocated to Alberta so the gov issued the said letter.
That's what i was told and trust me, i still doubt it as much as you do. If going back to Sask can save my family member from being expelled, then thats the only choice she must make.