+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Request of Marriage Certifcate Damascus

bantaloni

Apr 13, 2010
Hoping someone can help asap because our papers need to be sent out tomorrow:

My wife got a letter form the embassy in Damascus asking for a few documents. One in particular was another copy of the marriage certificate:

Here is what they asked for:

- Copy of your marriage certificate from the Ministry of Interior in which listing you and your sponsor as married couple

What confusing me is the "Ministry of Interior"... I already sent our marriage certificate but it doesn't get generated from this ministry..
It gets generated form the Ministry of Justice and sealed and signed by the Justice and Foreign Affairs departments.

What are they asking for? That the marriage certificate be authenticated by the ministry of Interior? Why? Or are they just asking for an updated certificate to make sure the marriage is legit?

Any advice would be appreciated.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can send the copy of marriage certificate originated and issued from an authorised government department of your country as per their rules, it is perfect. Go ahead and send it. Don't worry what the embassy says.

bantaloni

Apr 13, 2010
Thanks wilson.

We might try to get the Ministry of Interior seal on the paper. If it doesn't work, I am going to send it out. Time is key. I don't understand why the Ministry of Interior would be specifically mentioned. Unless this is a generic sentence they use, marriage certficates dont pass through this ministry for approval in Syria.

tbone

Jun 9, 2010
The embassy just requested the marriage certifcate from me aswell..

The only way to get the marriage certifacate is to go to the Ministry of Interior office downtown Damascus to the Third floor and you will find a window saying in english MARRIAGE!!!

Show them your Court Certifcate and they will tell you what you have to do.. then they will issue your Marriage Certifcate... its the only way..

Good luck!

this is my timeline
Damascus got my application on june 17th
AOR on july 9th
request of doc's by email on the 26th
requested doc's submitted on 28th
now waiting!

let me know yours

kokobsb

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
hello guys
i live now in aleppo syria i got married in canada and came back here doing an oversease spousal application .i read this thread and i had questions ,,becasue i got married in canada my wife or i are not registered in syria as married and it will take way too long to register her as my spouse because she is not syrian and i have to go through a court decision to register her after she sends me her medical clearence and other documents. did the embassy ask from you guys to register yourself married in syria ? and did you get married in syria or in canada? thank you for your answers god help us all

bantaloni

Apr 13, 2010
tbone.. I sent it without the ministry of Interior approval. In allepo there isn't an interior ministry. Also, we asked in Allepo and they said there is no need.

What's the point of this extra approval. Our certificate is legit and issued by two government agencies just like Wilson had mentioned.

I am just worried they are going to make an issue out of it.

Are you from damascus or another moo7afaza?

bantaloni

Apr 13, 2010
tbone.. can you please provide more details on getting this certificate?

Does my wife have to travel to Damascus to get it? Or can we send someone on her behalf to get it?

How long does it take to get it? What's involved?

tbone

Jun 9, 2010
OK!

Wel in my situation, I'm the Canadian and not a Syrian... sponoring my wife which is Palestinian which lives in Damascus as a Syrian National..

Now for my situation since I'm a syrian I had to go through tons of bull shit in order to get the approvals to be able to marry my wife so here are the steps..

- get married through the Ministry of Justice..
- then get another approval from the Ministry of Interior and the police which took 2 months to get

After doing all this crazy things i thought i covered everything and the Ministry of justice court paper would be enough to prove to the embassy that we are married.

Like you My wife got an email requesting the Marriage cert from the Ministry of Interior which I was shocked! I didn't know where to go or where to go so I started asking why, what, where and how.. So I finially found out..

tbone

Jun 9, 2010
After getting all the info we went to the Ministry of Interior thrid floor and asked what we had to do in order for us the get the marriage cert..

They said we must get the marriage asured.. that can be done at the Ministry of Interior. so we did theat at the same place.
we then went back the third fllor and they issued the marriage cert.. in hand writing where then we had to go down stairs to one of the shops accross the strett and got the cert.. typed.. We then went back inside and got it certified and stamped by two pople that worked there.. I have no idea who they were... from that point everything was fine and we got the marriage cert....

and to answer your question about you coming to Damascus in order to get the marriage cert.. I think its the only way to get it unless there is an office there where you can do it..

The embassy wants that paper!!
There's two cert's one from the Ministry of Interior and one from Ministry of Justice!!! you need both!!

Good Luck..
Let me know if you need anything

bantaloni

Apr 13, 2010
Thanks tbone for the explanation.

That's crazy.. I am not in Syria now. I am back in Canada. We sent someone to Damascus to see if they can get it for us.

I can't believe they are asking for this paper. What a waste of time. I also emailed the embassy asking if its really needed because my wife is from Allepo.

We'll see what happens. But most likely we'll have to generate it so I dont waste time in the processing. Arghhh!